Chapter 32: Who was really lying?

۞ 
Chapter Thirty Two

The soothing and calming music started to spread inside the room, cleansing the soul of anyone who would hear it. The creased eyebrows of the woman lying on the bed started to loosen, indicating that the music was indeed effective and helping her.

Jiang Yanli tactfully remained silent and stood quietly. She had witnessed before the interaction between Wei Wuxian and the Second Young Master of the Lans. Others might think that they were enemies or two lads who could not get along but she differed with the other’s opinion. She could see that even though Wei Wuxian was committed in irritating Lan Wangji, he genuinely wanted to get the other’s reaction and Lan Wangji who was indeed new to the noise that Wei Wuxian was introducing to his usually silent life was not completely averse to it, instead, a part of him seek for such untamedness.

Looking at them now, wasn’t she correct all this time?

The last note of zither reverberated, extracting Jiang Yanli from her thoughts.

Lan Wangji looked up at her, “Maiden Jiang.”

Jiang Yanli, “Second Young Master Lan, will A’Xian be alright?”

Lan Wangji, “A minor Qi deviation, Maiden Wen should be able to heal him.

Jiang Yanli was confused why Lan Wangji was also familiar with the leader of the Wen Rebels but she didn’t show it. Still so many questions to ask and another one was added.

Since this is the case, Jiang Yanli would get this opportunity to ask, “A’Xian… is his injuries related to A’Cheng?”

Lan Wangi didn’t hide the truth from her, “They fought and Wei Ying was injured in result.”

Jian Yanli was already convinced that this Zhengye Xiangu was her A’Xian but Lan Wangji calling her Wei Ying completely removed all the doubts that was left in her heart. The question was why her brother did it to Wei Wuxian and how? Wei Wuxian or Zhengye Xiangu, their strength was recognized by the whole Wulin. How could her brother injure her?

Jiang Yanli tried to ask Lan Wangji but he gave her a vague reply, “This, Maiden Jiang should ask her brother.”

“I, I understand,” Jiang Yanli nodded and decided to wait.

It wasn’t long before Jiang Cheng came back. Her brother surprisingly obediently brought the hot water and did not call for a healer.

Jiang Yanli took over and found a piece of cloth to clean Zhengye Xiangu. Then she raised her eyebrow towards Lan Wangji who was still seating beside Zhengye Xiangu.

“Second Young Master Lan should not worry, I will take care of her,” Jiang Yanli assured, hinting the man to exit the room. She also looked at her brother warningly.

Zhengye Xiangu and Lan Wangji might have an ambiguous relationship but it was still inappropriate to let him stay. Lan Wangji himself did not know that he was already married with this woman and Jiang Cheng who knew it did not bother to remind him.

In the end, Lan Wangji’s propriety forced himself out of the room with Jiang Cheng.

A moment of silence passed between the two of them, and Jiang Cheng could tell that Lan Wangji had no intention to break it. Jiang Cheng became irritated and could no longer force his calm.

Jiang Cheng was direct, “What’s wrong with Wei Wuxian’s core?”

Lan Wangji gazed at the brightly lit room as though he didn’t hear anything.

Seeing that Lan Wangji had no plan to answer, Jiang Cheng angrily held the other’s lapels.

Jiang Cheng, “Wei Wuxian, that brat, fought me just to prove that the rigidly rule abiding Second Young Master of Lan was lying. He fought me and he became like this in result! So answer me Second Young Master Lan, who was lying between the two of you?!”

Lan Wangji finally paid attention to Jiang Cheng. He was not a fool. Based on Jiang Cheng’s reaction and words, it was very much likely that he said something when he was drunk. In the end, it was indeed him that should be blamed for what had happened.

But speaking of this golden core incident. It was part of the reasons why he hated Jiang Cheng. If only there’s another path, would Wei Wuxian take it? Would he still die if he did? But because of Jiang Cheng there’s no reason for the ifs. Wei Wuxian’s only choice was to continue to walk in a single plank bridge of a dark narrow river.

Lan Wangji looked at Jiang Cheng unwaveringly as he was being rudely held on his lapel. This person was so important to Wei Wuxian to the point that the other gave him his golden core. But in the end, it was also him who led the siege to kill Wei Wuxian. So why should he be protected from knowing the fact that the golden core revolving in his lower dantian was once Wei Wuxian’s?

Lan Wangji said coldly, “Wei Wuxian’s core is in early stage. Fighting a Nascent Soul cultivator like you was a huge burden to him.”

It was the longest sentence that Lan Wangji had ever said to Jiang Cheng. However, Jiang Cheng had no time to think about this right now. What Lan Wangji revealed to him, Jiang Cheng could more or less understand. Was it just saying that Wei Wuxian had just recently started to cultivate? But how could that be? Wei Wuxian had long since reached the Nascent Soul stage and was one of the strongest geniuses in the history. It would only be possible if his previously formed golden core was taken away. There are many questions on how this thing happened but the answer to why was very clear. It was for him.

 ۞