Finale: Wang Xian

⸞۞⸟

Finale

Between the Two Jades of Lan, Lan Xichen mastered the art of healing; whereas, Lan Wangji was the expert in alchemy and pill making. However, this didn’t mean that Lan Wangji had no experience in healing. In fact, his art of healing was above the ability of many genuine healers.

When Wei Wuxian lost consciousness, Lan Wangji felt a little guilty; however, he did not panic. It is not unusual that a patient would need rest after shortly waking up from coma. Although, it was also rare that a patient would not voluntarily sleep and would instead just pass out.

Lan Wangji checked Wei Wuxian’s breathing. He heaved a soft sigh after finding out that it was normal. To be more thorough, he also traced his meridians with his spiritual energy.

Wei Wuxian’s spirit that had been damaged because of the backlash from the destruction of the Stygian Tiger Amulet had visibly recovered with Wen Qing’s careful healing. His golden core was also more stable than before since he avoided using his spiritual energy.

“Father, is mother okay?” When Lan Sizhui came back, he found out that his mother once again lost consciousness. Remembering the dreadful days, he couldn’t help but worry.

“Do not worry. Wei Ying is-” Lan Wanji was satisfied with his findings and was about to withdraw his cognition from Wei Wuxian’s body when a foreign energy suddenly resonated to his spiritual energy.

The energy was foreign, but the connection between them felt so familiar. Lan Wangji’s heart throbbed as he realized what had just happened.  

A little worried, Lan Wangji once again inspected Wei Wuxian’s body with his spiritual energy. This time, he focused on where the foreign energy was coming from. As his spiritual energy got nearer, the resonance between him and the foreign energy was also getting stronger.

By the time that Lan Wangji’s cognition reached the place where the energy was coming from, their connection was already strong enough that it formed a visible blue ray. At the end of this blue ray was a ball of energy formed from blueish and reddish spiritual energy. And this ball of energy was currently resting in the center of Wei Wuxian’s womb!

It was a surprise that Lan Wangji still managed to calm himself down after realizing where the connection had brought his cognition. He was still clear headed to carefully probed the ball of energy. But in the next moment, the two fingers pointed at Wei Wuxian’s forehead suddenly shook.

When he sensed the trace of new life within the ball of energy, Lan Wangji could no longer stay calm. A rare trace of loss and confusion appeared in his normally calm face.

He once again probed the ball of energy in Wei Wuxian’s womb. This time, he couldn’t be more gentle. When he confirmed the same result, he could no longer contain his emotion. His mind became numb, overwhelmed by the idea of a new life growing inside Wei Wuxian. A life that was formed from their love.

Lan Wangji felt wetness on his cheeks. He wiped away the wetness with his shaky fingers. Looking at his hand, he then only realized that he had cried.

“Father, why are you crying?” Lan Sizhui panicked.

Lan Sizhui’s voice snapped Lan Wangji out from his trance. Lan Wangji reached out and patted the child on his head. A small smile appeared on his face as he said, “I am happy.”

His father’s touch calmed Lan Sizhui down, but he was more confused now. His father cried and said that it was because he’s happy?

“Sizhui, be a good brother when the time comes.” As he was pondering, Lan Wangji’s words sounded above his head.