Chapter 5

READER'S POV

Levi took me to his room and I wasn't surprised that this turned out to be an Otaku's den because Levi has posters and figurines of his favourite characters including a bookcase of manga and anime.

Levi looked out of his door to make sure no one was looking before he closed it.

"Is there a reason why you're checking to make sure no one saw us?" I asked him.

"Why do you THINK I did it?! Isn't it obvious?! Imagine what would happen if someone saw me inviting you into my room! A human who doesn't even look like an Otaku, but a normie! You know what people would say, right?!"

"Are you a closet Otaku, Leviathan?" I asked him in a polite tone.

"Hey! are you trying to judge me? You think you're better than me, is that it? Don't you dare make fun of otakus!"

"Whoa, chill out. I was just asking," I tried to calm him down after he shouted at me.

After Levi calmed down, we sat down on some cushions before he spoke to me.

"Listen up, because it's time for a truth bomb. The fact is that no matter how much of a normie you think you are, everyone out there is an otaku in some way! Every single person! ...Well, I mean I guess I'm not technically a person but, that's beside the point!" Levi spoke in a defensive tone.

I looked around his room some more until I glanced at his bookcase which is filled with thick, hardcover books as big as encyclopedias. One book caught my eye and it's called The Tale of the Seven Lords: The Lord of Shadow Awakens

"What is it, human? what're you looking at?" Levi asked me before looking in the direction I was staring at. "Wait, that looks like...The Tale of the Seven Lords. Are you a fan of that, too?"

"Huh? sorry, I've never heard of it."

"...Excuse me? You don't know TSL? And you call yourself a human?! Just how clueless ARE you?! How could you not know?!"

"I'm sorry, but, there just some manga and anime that I have yet to see and read unless of course you don't mind telling me more about it."

"*sighs* fine, but, you better make sure to pay attention!" Levi told me before I nodded my head.

"The Tale of the Seven Lords, otherwise known as TSL, is a series of fantasy novels written by Christoper Peugeot. It's a heroic epic spanning 138 volumes, and it's the most widely-read fantasy series in the world. There are even theatrical versions, an animated series, and feature films too. And it's been translated into a total of 182 different languages. The 1990s theatrical version was an utter disaster, owing to the fact that they added several characters that were NOT present in the original manuscript. At the time I was like 'This producer totally needs to crawl in a hole and die!' But then the 2015 version came out, and it was AMAZING! Better than amazing! if you ask me, it showed that needlessly cramming a female leading there alongside Henry was a bad idea. That's not what he needs. What he NEEDS is a friend who really understands him, and the 2015 version proved that. Also, the most vital element of the story is that each of the seven lords is so unique. They're all so interesting in their own peculiar way. That's what makes TSL so great!" Levi spoke in a happy tone.