Chapter 22

READER'S POV

After looking at the dollhouse, we headed to the area where the room hidden room was. Once we got in the hallway, Beel looked around and then he said to me.

"There's here. It's just a wall. But the dollhouse it definitely showed a small room here," Beel wondered as he continued to search for a door or something.

"But there's no door. And if I remember correctly, the only thing that should be on the other side of this wall is Lucifer's room.  Could the dollhouse model be wrong...?"

"I don't think neither option is wrong. Maybe there is a room here," I told Beel while Raven sniffed the area. 

"So you're saying that there's a room there but you wouldn't know it from the outside - in other words, a secret room?" Beel asked me.

"Yeah, maybe there's a hidden handle or something around here," I told Beel as I started to run my hands over the wall to feel for a door handle. Raven sniffed at the wall until he spotted something.

"Hey, look at this."

We looked the spot on the wall and then Beel said to me.

"It looks like a decorative pattern, but I can make out the words written here. It's a message written in the language of angels. This is what it says: 'When the morning star dwelt in the heavens, its light shone down upon this one, sparkling brilliantly, the eighth of the eight.' It's a riddle. And more importantly, I know the answer to it."

"You do?" I asked him a surprised tone.

"Yes. 'The morning star' is another name for Lucifer. So 'when the morning star swelt in the heavens' means 'when Lucifer was an angel. It's light shone down upon this one, a sparkling brilliantly, the eighth of the eight.' That part refers to someone Lucifer loved deeply: the eighth child of the eight. our sister. Her name was Lilith."

As soon as he said her name the wall disappeared and then a room was revealed. Raven whimpered when it shone brightly before hiding in my shadows.

"Let's go," Beel told me before we went into the room.

Beel's eyes widen when he saw the room and then he mumbled.

"I...I know this place..."

I looked at Beel and he told me, "It's Lilith's room from back up in the Celestial Realm. I'm sure of it. What's Lilith's room doing here, in the House of Lamentation...?"

I didn't know if this was the right time to ask him but, for some reason, I wanted to know more about her.

"Beel, I know this rubbish timing but...who was Lilith?"

"Like I said before, Lilith was our little sister. But she's gone now."

"Gone?"

"She died. In the Celestial War."

I gasped when he told me this because I had no idea that she had died. It's no wonder why Beel and the others don't talk about her so much.

"Do you know about the Great Celestial War? About what happened then?"

"No, I don't."

"My brothers and I were originally angels. That was back before the Great Celestial War - before we were cast out. Lucifer incited a revolution against our father, and we aligned ourselves with him. Those who followed our father fought against those who followed Lucifer. That was the Great Celestial War. In the end, our father crushed our rebellion, and cast us outof the Celestial Realm."

'So that's how the rebellion started and why these guys became demons, aside from Satan since he was born from Lucifer's anger.'

I thought to myself before Beel continued with his story.