Chapter 36

3RD PERSON POV

Meanwhile, near the lake, Diavolo and Lucifer were standing near the lake's edge and they were talking about tonight's events.

"*Sigh*..." Lucifer sighed heavily after the pillow fight, well, more like a death pillow fight. Diavolo chuckled and then Lucifer looked at him.

"What? Is there something amusing about hearing me sigh?"

"Not at all. I was a little surprised to see that you still have a fun-loving side to you. Enough to enjoy a good pillow fight, at least," Diavolo spoke with a smile.

I'll have you know that I didn't enjoy it. I was punishing them for what they did," Lucifer spoke with his arms crossed.

"Are you sure about that? Because it seemed like you were enjoying it quite a bit to me," Diavolo asked him.

"If I'd enjoyed it, I wouldn't be sighing right now, would I?"

Diavolo looked at the lake's horizon before asking Lucifer, "Tell me then, what's the real reason you sighed just now?"

Lucifer looked away from Diavolo because he didn't have an answer for him. Diavolo looked back at him before he said to him, "It's just you and me now/ Everyone else was completely worn out from that frenzied battle. They're all fast asleep at this point. Come on, you call tell me, right? What's the harm?"

"...As if you even need to ask. You already know the answer, and you've known for a good long time now," Lucifer spoke with a small frown.

"So...it's about (Y/n), is it?" Diavolo asked him.

"...Yes. Asmo is already the fourth of my brothers to make a pact with (Y/n)."

"I see. You've spent so long watching over and caring for them, and now it seems like they're all grown up and don't need you anymore You're starting to panic!" Diavolo laughed.

"You seem to find this awfully amusing Diavolo," Lucifer spoke with a frown.

"Yes. I can't help it, seeing how genuinely troubled you seem to be over this. Come on, this is a good thing, right? Demons and a human, putting aside their differences and forming a bond? It's exactly what I've been hoping would happen. Can't you be happy for them, Lucifer?" Diavolo asked him with a small frown.

"...No, this is one case where I can't simply put aside my concerns and be happy. *sigh*...Honestly, of all the humans to choose as an exchange student, why did you have to pick THAT human?" Lucifer asked him.

"There's that sigh again."

"Given the situation, I can't help it," Lucifer told him.

Unaware to them, a certain demon was watching them from a distance until Barbatos caught him in the act.

"It's bad to eavesdrop on others, you know?"

The demon jumped in fright and Barbatos told him, "I certainly can't say I approve Satan."

Satan, who had been listening to Diavolo and Lucifer's conversation, came out of his hiding spoke and he said to Barbatos, "Well, what about you? What are you doing here, Barbatos?"

"It's my job to stay close to Lord Diavolo, so that I may better serve him."

"Then I'm guessing you heard what they said, too?" Satan asked him.

"Yes, I heard the same thing you did."

"Well, what do you think about (Y/n) being chosen for the exchange program? An average human suddenly dropped down into the Devildom, and yet manages to make pacts with four demons and have a familiar in almost no time at all. I mean, no one should be that good," Satan spoke with a frown his face.