Chapter 38

READER'S POV

I left my bedroom and I walked through the hallways with Raven to talk to Satan. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Raven asked me for the fifth time.

"No, but, Satan getting kicked out of the house won't help me earn Lucifer's respect and I'm sure there might be another way for me to get him to make a pact without having to upset Lucifer," I told him.

"Good luck and be careful, he's known as the Avatar of Wrath for a reason," Raven told me.

"You make it sound like you know what he's capable of."

"Hey, Devildom is my home, remember? My fellow shape-sifters and I have heard a few things about the brothers including Belphegor," Raven told me.

"Any last minute advice?" I asked him as we approached his room.

"Yeah, don't make him angry. Trust me, you don't want to get on his bad side," Raven warned me before I knocked on the door.

"Come in," Satan spoke from the other side of the door.

I opened the door and when I walked inside I was shocked when I saw his room or should I say library. Satan has millions of books. Some of them were in stacks that reached the ceiling or they were about the height of his desk. The others were in shelves from top to bottom.

"Ah, (Y/n). It's you. Did someone tell you to come here to stop me? Because if so, you're wasting your time. Although, none of those guys would send you here to stop me. They all think it's funny," Satan spoke with a frown.

"Well, no surprise there. So what are you doing right now?" I asked him as I looked around his room.

"I'm trying to decide which of my books to take with me, since I couldn't possibly take them all."

"I can see that, how many books do you have?" I asked him.

"I lost count. So, you interested in books?" Satan asked me with a smile.

"I am. I read a little bit of books based on music to help me improve my skills on an instrument or to learn a new song for my next street performance. And of course, I love reading novels based on Supernatural creatures and manga books, if those count as well," I spoke with a smile.

"Huh...I guess you're not so bad after all," Satan mumbled before he stopped me.

"Hey, watch your step. A lot of my precious books and documents are over there."

"Oops, sorry," I apologised before I slowly stepped back from the pile. "What kind of books do you read, Satan? Also, are they all yours?"

"Every one of the books in this room belongs to me. They're all part of my collection. That shelf there is full of books having to do with magic. And there are all ancient manuscripts. Here we have astronomy and physics," Satan explained as he showed each one of his book stacks and shelves.

"And that right there...whoa, be careful with that. Actually, don't even touch it."

"Why? what's wrong with this one?" I asked him.

"That's a forbidden book...if two or more people touch it they'll switch bodies," Satan warned me.

Raven whimpered in fear before he leapt into the shadows.

"I don't want to switch bodies with my master!!" He shouted in a panicked tone which made me laugh.

"...Books are knowledge, and all of the knowledge from these books, it's all inside me. Knowledge is power. People respect someone who's well-informed. No matter who you are, no matter the circumstances of your birth, if you're smart enough, then people can't dismiss you," Satan's speech took me by surprise because he almost sounded like one of those wise old scholars or something.