Chapter 17

READER'S POV

Once I got to Beel's room, I saw two bed one has orange-red sheets and the other has purple and the wall paper is also a match as well.

I decided to pick the bed on the right and I was about to sit down until Beel stopped me.

"Not there!"

I stood up from the bed and I asked him.

"What's wrong, Beel?"

"Nothing, except...use my bed. It's the one on the left."

"Okay...? any particular reason why you didn't want me sleeping on the bed on the right?" I asked him as I sat my bag on the bed.

"Just don't use it okay?"

"All right but, where will you sleep?"

"I'll sleep on the couch."

"Why?" I asked him as I sat down on the bed.

Beel was silent for a moment and I think I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"The on the right is my twin brother's."

My eyes widen in shock when Beel mentioned his brother.

"His name is Belphegor. He's in the human world right now as an exchange student."

"I didn't know you have a twin brother," I spoke with a small smile on my face.

"Yeah. We don't look alike though. Actually, we're total opposites," Beel smiled back.

"So, why is Belphie in the human world as an exchange student? I mean, won't he get lonely and homesick from everything he knows and loves especially his twin brother?" I asked Beel after he loses that smile.

"...Belphie had a falling out with Lucifer, so he was chosen to be an exchange student. Belphie didn't want to go, but he was forced. So, don't mention his name in front of Lucifer," Beel warned me.

"Okay I won't say anything but..." I trailed off as I stood up and I sat next to Beel on the couch. "Do you mind telling me more about Belphie?"

Beel looked hesitant for a moment but, he sighed a little before he told me about his twin.

"Even though we're twins, all that means is that our father made us at the same time. It's not like we're alike in any way. Still, Belphie and I always got along. We used to have a little sister, Lilith. So the three of us were always together: me, Belphie and Lilith. But that was a long time ago now."

"You guys have a sister? what is she like?" I asked him.

Beel looked away from me and I noticed he looked a little sad. I got the feeling that something must have happened to her.

"I don't fee like talking about her right now. When Belphie returns to the Devildom, you'll go back to the human world. Which means you two are never gonna meet each other."

I was right, Beel looks so sad when I asked him about her but, when he mentioned Belphie, I suddenly got a hunch. That man in the attic knows Beel and I also have a feeling that he's not a human after all. I took a closer look at Beel and then he looked at me with a surprised look before frowning at me.

"What? why're you staring at me like that? I told you didn't I? Belphie and I are twins but, we don't look alike."

"Oh sorry, but, do you have a picture of him? I would like to see what he looks like."

"You know the portrait in the hall, right? I'm pretty sure there's a picture of him there."

We stood up from the couch and then we left the room. We walked through the hallways until we came across Belpie's portrait.