Chapter 54

READER'S POV

After Diavolo left, we were still reeling from the events that took place earlier tonight. Beel sat on the couch with his head in his hands while I sat on the bed, remembering what Diavolo told me about Belphie and what might be happening to him. Raven sat next to me while he gently rubbed my back to comfort me.

"Ugh, everyone's so down...Come on, it'll be okay! Don't look so sad! I mean, it's not as if Diavolo is going to make Belphegor into his next meal or anything, right?" Luke spoke while trying to cheer us up.

"...He might," Beel mumbled.

"Wait, really...? you've got to be kidding! Anyway, I can understand why Beel would be depressed. It's only natural. But why do YOU look so glum, (Y/n)?" Luke asked me.

"I mean, with a frown like that I'd almost think you'd been plucked out of the human world and dragged to the Devildom against your will!"

"That's exactly what happened," Beel told him before turning his attention to me.

"I guess it came as a real shock to you, (Y/n). Everything with Belphie...hearing about how he hated humans and all," Beel told me.

"Why does Belphie hate humans?" I asked him.

"That's a good question," Raven agreed.

"Well, about that...it's not your fault that Bephie hates humans. As for why he ended up like that, Lucifer would know better than anyone else," Beel told me.

I looked away and squeezed my hands together while they were resting on my lap. 

"(Y/n), you know what we have to do," Raven told me.

"Raven...I can't, if I go back there, chances are, I will make everything worse. It's all my fault that this mess happened. Lucifer was right, I kept sticking my nose into people's business when I should have stayed out of it," I spoke with tears in the corner of my eyes.

"Hey, don't say that. None of this is your fault."

"But it is, Raven. The kids back in the orphanage were right, I'm a jinx and a curse. Everything I touch turns to ash and everyone around me avoids me like the plague. I should have stayed away Belphie when I had the chance," I told him as tears spilled out of my eyes.

"Hey, don't say that," Raven knelt in front of me and he held onto my shoulders.

"You are not a jinx or a curse. You'e a special human who has been blessed with the ability to see us demons in the human world. You're also a kind person who sees the good in people especially us demons, well, except for the ones who are always trying to eat you. But my point is, none of this is your fault. If anyone is at fault, it's Belphegor. He was the one who was against the idea, went mad and got himself locked up by his own brother. You were only trying to do what was right at the time," Raven told me.

"He's right, you know?" Beel spoke before I looked at him.

"If you hadn't met Belphie or tried to help him, I wouldn't have known where he was the whole time," Beel told me.

"Beel..." I spoke softly.

"Raven is right about one thing," Luke spoke before we looked at him.

"I'm against demons and I did tell you they shouldn't be trusted but, they warm up to you. If they hadn't, Raven wouldn't be here right now," Luke told me.

"Is the almighty Luke saying that he might be wrong about us demons?" Raven spoke with a smirk.

"Don't even go there! I still don't trust you!" Luke shouted while we chuckled.