Chapter 3

READER'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes and when I came to, I realised that I wasn't in the human world anymore. How did I know? it's because I'm in a place that looks like a courtroom and there were several men looking my way.

'Where the hell am I and what's going on?'

I asked myself before the man in the seat of the chief judge started to speak.

"Welcome to the Devildom, (Y/n)," The red haired man spoke.

"Wait, what?" I asked in a shocked tone.

"Oh, pardon me. Feeling a little shocked, are we? Well, that's understandable. You've only just arrived, after all. As a human, it will probably take a little while for you to adjust to things here in the Devildom."

"Is this a dream?" I asked out of the blue making the the dark brown haired man chuckle.

"Hmm...what a very human thing to say," I heard him mumble before smiling at me. "Outstanding. I have a feeling you might be just the sort of person we're looking for?"

"What are you talking about? who are you people?" I asked him as I stood up from the ground.

"I suppose I should start by introducing myself.  My name is Diavolo. I am the ruler of all demons, and all here know of me. And someday soon, I will be crowned King of the Devildom."

My eyes widen when I heard the word Devildom and I guess this means this is where Shadow told me to go after what happened with that fake couple. Just then, Diavolo led me onto the balcony to show me the view. The sky was dark and you can see a castle in the distance which tells me that must be his home since he is the leader of this world. 

"This is the Royal Academy of Diavolo though, we just call it RAD," Diavolo explained to me before I turned my head to look at him.

"You're standing inside the assembly hall, the very heart of RAD. This is where we officers of the student council hold our meetings and conduct our business. I'm the president of the council."

"Okay, I understand that much but, why am I here? this place is filled with demons and yet you allow a human like me come here?"

"I will explain everything to you," The raven haired man, who was quiet for a while, spoke up.

"(Y/n), this is Lucifer. He is a demon and the Avatar of Pride. He's also the vice president of the student council and my right-man...and not just in title, I assure you. Beyond that, he's also my most trusted friend."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Diavolo," Lucifer spoke with a small frown before turning his attention to me.

"Speaking on behalf of the entire student body at this great and storied school of ours, I offer you a heartfelt welcome, (Y/n)."

"On behalf of the students?" I asked Lucifer.

"Diavolo believes that we demons should start strengthening our relationship with both the human world and the Celestial Realm. As a first step toward this goal, we've decided to institute an exchange program. We've sent two of our students to the human world and two to the Celestial Realm. And we're welcoming four students to our school: two from your world and two from the Celestial Realm," Lucifer explained to me.

'When he said Exchange program...that would mean-'

"So I take it you've probably put two and two together at this point, right?" Lucifer spoke after I snapped out of my thoughts. "You've been chosen from among the people of the human world to participate in this program of ours. You are our newest exchange student."