Chapter 57

READER'S POV

We sat there with shocked expressions on our faces after Lucifer told us the real reason why he locked Belphie way before the exchange program started. It turns out he was trying to get rid of us humans and commit treason after all. 

"Wow...I know the guy hates humans but whoa..." Raven commented.

"...Okay, I understand what happened now, but still..." Asmo trailed off before continuing.

"Couldn't you have at least told us in secret what was up?" Asmo asked with a frown.

"Yeah. You didn't have to lie to us, feeding us that story about sending Belphie off to the human world to study. Isn't that right, (Y/n)? You agree, don't you?" Levi asked me.

"I hate to say this Lucifer, but, I agree with the others on this one," I told him.

"Mmhm, exactly! See, you really get it, (Y/n)!" Mammon smiled.

"But, why is it that Belphie hates humans?" I asked him.

Lucifer didn't say anything and then he looked away from me.

"That's not something we usually-"

"All right, listen up. There ain't any rule sayin' we can't talk about what happened with Lilith, is there? C'mon, we should answer (Y/n)'s question," Mammon spoke up.

"...You're right. (Y/n), I take it you've heard  us mention Lilith before?"

"Yeah Beel told me a few things," I answered him.

"She was our little sister, the youngest one of us. Long ago, back when we were still angels, Belphie felt very differently about humans than he does now. He liked them."

"Uh, I'd say he more than just liked 'em," Mammon commented.

"Yeah. He loved them. He loved humans and the human world in general," Beel told me with a smile.

"Yep, he really did. His room was filled to the brim with stuff from the human world. And whenever he had a chance, he'd sneak down there for a visit," Asmo chuckled.

"He used to bring me back stuff all the time. He knew my favourite anime and manga and game characters, and he'd get me rare character-themed merchandise," Levi told me.

'So that's how he got into anime,' I thought to myself as they told me what Belphie used to be like before the Celestial war.

"He'd reguarly go down to the human world without permission, and he was always getting in trouble with Lucifer and Micheal for it. He'd say he wanted to see how the humans were doing and what they were up to," Beel told me.

"No matter how many times he got yelled at, it never stopped him," Mammon told me before Lucifer continued with the story.

"Lilith was especially close to Belphie. His enthusiasm for the human world rubbed off on her, and she began to take an interest in humans as well."

"Yeah. Lilith has always been attached to Belphie," Beel smiled as he remembered his sister.

"No need to be so modest. I'd say she was pretty attached to you too, Beel. You, Belphie and Lilith always used to hang around together, laughing and giggling. I was so jealous!" Asmo pouted.

"Yeah. Whenever they were together, you were like three puppies, playing and having a good time," Levi told him.

"*chuckle* like the three musketeers?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Hey, whoa! Lilith was also pretty attached to ME! Like, we even slept in the same bed once, y'know! She was a big fan of Mammon!"

"Oh yeah, I remember now! You woke up and started making a scene, yelling about how you'd just had a bad dream," Asmo chuckled.