Chapter 31

READER'S POV

We were in the middle of a scavenger hunt during our stay here at the castle. However, Simeon, Asmo and I were not making any progress because a certain demon of lust keeps spoiling the pictures and that includes the other teams as well.

Mammon glared at Asmo before shouting at him.

"Hey, Asmo! Whaddya think you're doin', huh?!"

"Well, I can't help it, now can I? It's not my fault that I'm so charming and ridiculously good-looking. Also, I don't believe it said anywhere in the rules that we're not allowed to get in the way of other teams," Asmo told him.

"Hey, where do you think you're going? We're not done talking to you, Asmo!" Satan shouted as Asmo walked away.

"Where am I going? Oh, I dunno, maybe somewhere where I don't have to listen to someone lecturing me?" Asmo frowned before walking away.

"*Sigh*...He really is a handful. What are you going to do, (Y/n)?" Simeon asked me.

"I'll go after him, come on, Raven," I tugged the leash on Raven and then we went after Asmo.

I searched through the hallways for him until finally, I found him.

"Asmo, wait up!" I called out to him.

"...Hm? Ah, I was wondering who was behind me. So it's you, (Y/n). What? Did you follow me hoping we could have a little alone time?"

Raven growled at Asmo before I spoke up, "No, I followed after you because I wanted to let you know that you should apologise to the others."

"Apologise? me? why? I'm afraid I don't quite follow you."

I sighed when he gave me that fake look on his face.

"What? so now you're going to lecture me, too? is that it?"

"What you did back there wasn't cool," I told him.

"Oh was it now? You don't think I should've done that? Reeeally?" Asmo leaned closer to me before he said to me. "...(Y/n), I see you looking into my eyes right now. You don't feel anything? Like, really? Nothing at all?"

I looked at Asmo with a confused look on my face before he leaned back and said to me, "I was trying to charm you. You know, like I did down at the labyrinth. You saw how I tamed Levi's old pet snake, right? you're just a human. Yet, for some weird reason, it seems like my power doesn't work on you."

He's not wrong there. I came across a few demons who tried to charm me or hypnotise me but they never work. I never understood it myself. I always assumed that I might be immune to their charms including Asmodeus's power.

"Even so, if you think you can control me, well you've got another thing coming!"

I looked at Raven and he winked at me because he knew exactly what I was thinking. I looked at Asmo with a smirk.

"Well, I could control you, if..." I trailed off before Asmo asked me.

"If what?"

"If you made a pact me," I told him which made him look at me with a surprised look before laughing.

"Me? make a pact with you?! Hahahaha! What? Do you think that because I made a pact with Solomon, I'm willing to do it with any human who comes along? Please. If you think I'm that easy, you're mistaken-very mistaken," Asmo told me with a smirk.

I frowned at Asmo when he laughed me. Raven growled at him before he asked me, "Can I kill him now?"

"Not yet, although I do understand the urge," I told him.