Chapter 50

READER'S POV

We were searching for Levi after we got back home but, when we did, he was nowhere to be found. We searched for him until one by one everyone started disappearing. First Beel, then Mammon and Asmo and now Satan has vanished as well. He was right behind us as well. Which only left me, Lucifer and Raven.

"Everyone's gone except for you, me and Raven. What do you two think is going on?" Lucifer asked us.

"Don't look at me, I don't have a clue," Raven told him.

"You guys don't think it's the curse of the House of Lamentation, do you?" I asked them.

"What?" Raven asked with a confused look.

"That's one possibility, yes. Though that's not what I think is happening."

"What's your theroy?" I asked him.

"In spited of all the terrible things that are said to have happened in this house, I've never once seen a ghost in all my time living here. I've never experienced anything like this up to now. Which means that it's unlikely that whatever is happening is being caused by the house itself. Levi was the first one to disappear, wasn't he...?"

"Yes he was," Raven replied.

"Let's head back to his room," Lucifer told us.

"Raven, go and find Satan and the others," I told him.

"What? but what about you?" Raven asked with a concerned look.

"Don't worry about me, besides, Lucifer is with me."

Raven looked between me and Lucifer before he sighed in defeat.

"Fine I'll go but, you better take care of her, Lucifer!" Raven shouted before he shifted into his dog form and merged with the shadows.

"He's very protective of you."

"What else were you expecting from a shape shifter hound?" I asked with a smile while my hands trembled a little because I was a little nervous because the last time I went through something scary was the haunted house back in the human world and Emily and her little friends made sure that I was scared to death.

"What's wrong? If you're feeling scared, I'd be happy to hold your hand," Lucifer offered and I took his hand.

"Thanks I appreciate it."

"I like that you're not afraid to say how you really feel. It's a good quality to have. All right, let's get going."

Once we got back to Levi's room, he still wasn't back from, wherever he and the others are.

"It doesn't look like Levi's back."

"There must be a clue or something that could tell us what happened here," I spoke up before I spotted Levi's D.D.D. and I picked it up.

"Is there something that you find interesting?" Lucifer asked.

"Yes, Levi's D.D.D."

"Levi used that D.D.D. to call me earlier. I tried calling him back over and over, but he never picked up. So I'm sure it lists several missed calls from me. But other than that, nothing seems out of the ordinary here, does it?" Lucifer said to me.

"Wait a minute, look," I pointed at Levi's PC and it's still turned on.

"Ugh, I don't believe it...he left his PC running. What am I going to do with him?"

"Maybe he didn't have to turn it off. He might have left it running on purpose, look," I pointed at the screen and there's a game still running.

"Come to think of it, he mentioned something about a new game arriving for him from Akuzon, didn't he...?"

"Yeah, he did," I said before we looked around for the packaging.

"Let's see, where did he leave the packaging...ah, I'm guessing this is it."

"What game was it?" I asked before Lucifer looked at the name of the game.

"The Demon House...definitely sounds like a horror game."

"Ugh, I hate horror games, they always give me nightmares," I spoke up before Lucifer read out the description.

"'A cursed house with an ominous past. It is said that an entire family was once murdered inside these walls. Now suddenly, one by one, the people you live with are starting to disappear...Can you HANDLE the FEAR?'"

"That sounds a lot like the story you were telling us," I told him.

"How foolish. That describes the exact situation we're in right now. Levi's been making a bad habit of going out and buying himself these strange games."

"Hang on, the people we live with...? then that means..." I trailed off before Lucifer finished my sentence.

"It seems that somehow this game is creating the scenario we find ourselves in now, doesn't it? We've managed to get out of one game world, and now here we are in yet another one..." Lucifer grumbled at that last part.

"So what do you think we should do?" Lucifer asked me.

"I'd say we turn off the PC game. That should shut down the game," I suggested but Lucifer stopped me before I could do anything.

"Wait, that would be the easiest way to deal with this, sure. But worst case scenario, Levi and the others might never come back to us if we do that."

"Oh geez, you're right," I mumbled.

"Then again, things would be a lot more peaceful around here, wouldn't they?"

"Lucifer!" I shouted with a frown on my face.

"I'm joking. For now, I suppose we should go ahead and try to complete the game and see what happens."

"I'll bet there's an online guide for this game, hold on a second," I told the others before I got my D.D.D and searched online for a few moments and then I found it.

"Here, I think I found something. The Demon House Super Simple Wiki: Winning Strategies for Even the Most Inept," I read out loud which Lucifer look at me funny.

"What? Levi's not the only one who can find online guides for certain games," I told them before Lucifer looked at the guide.

"It says: 'In order to complete the game, you must defeat the demon that serves as the final boss.' It says the boss's name is Lucifer..."

"How ridiculous. They must think they're very funny naming him that. So, that means I'm the boss, and you're the player character."

"The rest of my brothers have vanished and I have feeling Raven might end up vanishing with them, leaving only you. Which means you must be the main character. So essentially, if you can defeat me, you'll win the game."

"Okay but, how do I do that exactly?" I asked before Lucifer noticed something on the guide.

"Hold on. There's a page here on how to get the true ending to the game."

"What does it say?" I asked.

"'A Super Simple Guide to Achieving the True Ending. There are a number of conditions that must be satisfied. But if you can managed to do it, you'l be treated to a romantic ending where you and Lucifer actually fall in love! <3'"

After reading that outloud, we stood there in silence before I broke it.

"Romantic ending?!" I shouted with a red face.

"Oh come on! *Sigh*" Lucifer grumbled.

'No way! the developers can't be serious! I haven't gotten to know Lucifer that well and there's no way he would go for it!' I shouted in my end as random scenarios went through my brain.