Chapter 58

3RD PERSON POV

 In the Demon King's castle, Diavolo and Barbatos were discussing something as the brothers and (Y/n) made their way to the castle.

"...Okay then, look into that for me, Barbatos,"  Diavolo told him.

"Yes, my Lord."

"Depending on how things turn out, it's possible we'll have the answers to all of our questions soon enough. Especially (Y/n)."

Just then, the doors opened and then Barbatos smirked.

"Well, it would seem they've arrived."

"Yes, and even earlier than we thought," Diavolo replied with a smile.

READER'S POV

We got to the Demon King's castle with determined looks on our faces and once we entered the castle, Lucifer said to Diavolo, "Diavolo, I want to talk to you."

"Well hello, Lucifer. And yes, I assumed as much when I saw you at the door," Diavolo spoke with a smirk.

"Lucifer, if I'm not mistaken, aren't you supposed to be under house arrest?" Barbatos asked.

"Ugh, just listen to you. You think you're a real cute with that 'if I'm not mistaken' stuff, don't ya? How about you come out and say what you mean!" Mammon shouted.

"Mammon, enough," Lucifer told him before facing Diavolo again.

"I came here of my own free will. No one forced us. And I'll accept whatever punishment is due. But there's something else we need to take care of first," Lucifer told him.

"What do we have here? has the entire family come along today?" Barbatos asked after noticing the rest of us.

"Well, what do you expect? we are family, after all," Satan smirked.

"And we're about to witness Lucifer in all his glory, right? I mean, its not like anyone had to twist my arm to get me to come out and see this. I would've come either way!" Asmo smiled.

"And I made sure to set my DVR to record the full Ruri-chan series marathon that's running today! So if you were worried, don't be!" Levi smiled.

"So, you've all come along as a moving show of support and brotherly love, then? Hmm...but it would appear that one among your number neither qualifies as a relative nor a demon, except for her pet of course," Barbatos spoke as he looked at me.

Raven growled at him before he shouted, "Don't call me that!"

"Raven, hush," I told him before Beel told Barbatos.

"That's right. (Y/n) isn't a demon nor are we related...but, that doesn't mean we can't be on the same side. Isn't that right, (Y/n)?"

"You bet it is!" I smiled.

"Thank you," Beel smiled back.

"...I see. Well (Y/n), you may be a human, but it would seem you've found a home for yourself here in the Devildom. I have to say, I find that comforting," Diavolo smirked before he looked at Lucifer.

"Now then, Lucifer, how about we hear what you have to say."

"...Diavolo, never before have I opposed you in any matter until now. Give me back my brother...give me back Belphegor," Lucifer told him but Diavolo didn't say anything.

"Please," Lucifer pleaded.

"...Truth be told, I knew."

My eyes widen when Diavolo said this and then he continued, "I knew you were hiding Belphegor, and I knew why. Your loyalty to me forced you to deceive your brothers, and I knew that was a source of guilt. I saw how you struggled with it - how hard it was being pulled in two directions at once. And it made me sad."