Chapter 44

READER'S POV

After spending time in the Doji Maji game world, I was so happy to be out of there and in one piece as well. Right now, Mammon, Lucifer and I are walking through the streets doing a little bit of shopping.

"OH MAN! Check this out! Its a super-rare magic stone! Ooh, and it's on sale, too? It says today's featured item...WOW, that's cheap! CRAZY cheap! If I broke it into smaller pieces and sold those individually, I'd make serious bank...Heheheh..." Mammon spoke in a happy tone before he turned his attention to Lucifer.

"Lucifer, my FAVOURITE big brother! You gotta buy that for me! You gotta! C'mon, I gotta have it! I gotta I gotta I gotta I gotta! if you don't buy it for me, I'm gonna be real saaaaad... I'll end up cryin'... I'll throw a tantrum...and you don't want that, do ya?"

"Leave him be, (Y/n). Pretend you don't know him," Lucifer told me as we walked away from Mammon.

"You got it," I told as we continued to leave him.

"Lucifeeeer, come ooooon! I mean, tell me how this fair, huh?! Here it is my day off, and you're draggin' me out shopping with you! And you're not even gonna reward me for it? C'mon, you could at least buy me a magic stone...or a hundred!" Mammon whined like a baby.

"So now you're going to try getting angry at me? As if that would work... And seriously, a reward? What are you a, a child? The entire reason I brought you along with me to begin with is to get you away from Satan. When you two pair up, nothing good ever comes of it, especially when I am expected to clean up the mess."

"He's got a point, Mammon. Every time you two get together, you always come up with new ways to ruin Lucifer's reputation," I told him before Raven sat on my shoulder.

 "*Sigh* Tomorrow is my big speech. It's almost time...and yet the curse that caused us to switch bodies shows no signs of going away. Which means I have no guarantee that I will be back to myself in time for the speech," Lucifer spoke with a concerned look.

"You know, we could always back to my idea. Raven can shape-shift into your form and do the speech for you."

"And I already told you it won't work. What do you think will happen if they saw the real me wondering around? Satan could ruin it," Lucifer told me.

Raven whimpered sadly and then I petted his head to reassure him and then Mammon spoke up.

"Doncha think it's about time to give in and ask Satan to do it for you? You're sorta out of options here. I mean, all ya gotta say is, 'Satan, no funny business this time. Give the speech and be done with it'."

"I have no intention of begging him for his help," Lucifer spoke with a frown. "Even if I did do that, I couldn't be sure that he wouldn't end up trying to something nefarious anyway."

"You sure about that?" Mammon asked him.

"I am. This is Satan we're talking about. I highly doubt he would simply do as I asked," Lucifer spoke with a frown.

"Ya know, I know you're serious and all, but hearing those words come outta Satan's mouth like this, it's hard not to laugh...Anyway, after everything that went down inside that game Satan seems like he's changed some. Doncha think?"

"I think he has changed too," I spoke with a smile.

"Exactly. That's what I'm sayin' You see it too, doncha? See, you're smart, (Y/n)! Did ya heart that, Lucifer? (Y/n) AGREES with me!" Mammon grinned.

"Like, how do I put it...? It's like...he's more chill when it comes to you now, Lucifer. He's not all bitter and stuff anymore."

Lucifer grabbed my hand and he said to me,"Come on, (Y/n). I'm going to head inside this store here."