Chapter 47

READER'S POV

After Grisella's murder, we were in our cabin until we got to the next station but then, we heard a voice talking to us.

"I don't believe this...Here I am in the company of three demons, all of whose names I know, and yet...what a truly miserable twist of fate."

"Okay, NOW what's goin' on?" Mammon asked we looked around the cabin to find out who was talking to us.

"...Hold on. I know that voice..." Lucifer spoke with a surprised look.

"Grisella...is that you?" Satan asked.

"Actually, Grisella is dead. This would be her spirit."

"...Yes. Unfortuantely, it seems you're right," Grisella spoke in a sad tone.

"It seems you're right? Like...you're a witch! You're supposed to be able to see the future and know when you're gonna die. Didn't ya even bother to check?" Mammon asked.

"I knew that I would die at some point during my trip on this train, yes. But I didn't know how I would die...only that I would. When it's time to die, it's time to die. There's no changing that. There's no cheating death. I accept my fate...However, I'd at least like to know why I was killed before I rest," Grisella explained to us.

"And you're telling us this because...?" Lucifer trailed off.

"Because I know why you came here."

"Ah, I see."

"Wha?" Mammon asked with a confused look.

"We're going to figure out who it was that killed Grisella," Lucifer smirked.

"What? That sounds like a bunch of work! Why do we gotta do somethin' like that?!" Mammon asked with a confused expression.

"Duh, isn't it obvious? We're doing it because we want to lift the curse," I pointed at Satan and Lucifer for Mammon's explanation.

"Exactly. You understand perfectly," Lucifer smiled.

"Mammon, have you forgotten why we came to the human world in the first place?" Satan asked with a frown.

"Oh yeah, right. It was to lift the curse that caused you two to switch bodies. I just remembered."

I face palmed at this moron while Raven sighed in annoyance when he said this.

"So, in exchange for findin' the person that killed her, she's gonna lift your curse...come to think of it, the killer's gotta be one of the other three people that were in the room with her during the seance, right? I mean, it couldn't be anyone else."

"Exactly," Grisella agreed with Mammon.

"The first of the three is named Noah. He's someone I'm well-acquainted with. He hoped to become my apprentice. And he was also the person who introduced me to the people requesting today's seance. As for the other two...I'd never met them before now. Their names are Lucas and Sophia, and they're siblings. It was they who requested the seance. They were hoping to speak with the spirit of their dead younger sister," Grisella explained to us.

"So then, I guess we only need to torture each of them sepearately until we find our answer," Satan suggested.

"Yes, that shouldn't take long at all. Okay then! So, which of those humans should we torture first?"

'Oh boy, I better think of a less violent way of solving this mystery...' I thought to myself before I spoke to Grisella.

"Um, Miss Grisella?"

"...Well, what do we have here? You're human, aren't you?" She asked me.

"I...guess so?" I answered before glacing over at Raven.