Chapter 55

READER'S POV

I explained everything to Mammon about the reason why I kept quiet the whole time and the real reason why I wanted to make pacts with him and his brothers, except for Belphie. I also told him the reason why I came back to the House of Lamentation.

"...Aha. So lemme get this straight. You want to know why it is that Belphie hates humans. And you wanna understand why Lucifer went and shut him inside the attic. And in order to do that, you need to talk to Lucifer. Do I got that right?" Mammon asked and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Here's the thing, though: Lucifer's holed himself up inside his room, and he won't come out. Oh well! I guess I'm gonna have to help you, aren't I? All right then, this is your lucky day, 'cause now you've got Mammon on your side!" Mammon grinned.

"Oh lucky us..." Raven mumbled with a frown.

"Thanks Mammon, you're the best!" I smiled.

"R-Really? I am?! I'm the best?! ...I'm the best! AHAHAHAHA!" Mammon laughed before Raven smacked him upside the head.

"Ow!"

"Don't let it get to your head."

"Okay, we gotta start by  workin' out a plan to lure Lucifer out of his room! But first, let's go pay Levi a visit! We want all the help we can get, right?" Mammon told me before he grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

We got to Levi's room and then Mammon knocked on the door.

"Heeey, Leviiii! I know you're in there! Heeey, answer the door, numbskull!" Mammon shouted.

"Oh brother, I don't have time for this. Mammon, Raven break down the door," I told him.

"Huh? Mn, I had no idea you were the type to go for somethin' like that. Still, I guess that would speed things up, huh?" Mammon told us before he and Raven broke down the door.

They stumbled a little after they broke down the door and I followed after them. 

"See? what'd I tell you? he's right there. Hey, Levi!" Mammon shouted but he ignored us by looking at his pet fish.

"...So Henry, what do you think? Like, when it comes down to it, you just can't trust humans. They're lesser beings - evil, black hearted creatures. And yet all I had to do was make a pact with one, and suddenly it felt like we were friends, you know? Though the trust is that I was imagining it. I didn't realise that I was being used. I started sending messages and getting all excited that I had a human in my life and stuff. I mean, how could I be so stupid? I'm so disappointed in myself. It's unbelievable. You're my only REAL friend, Henry," Levi spoke to his fish.

My heart broke when he said those things because Satan told me that I had changed him and the others but after finding out that I only got close to them to make pacts with them, I feel like I've betrayed them in the worst possible way.

"Wow, all I can say is..." Mammon trailed off before shouting. "LAAAAAAAME!"

Raven and I looked at him with shocked expressions on our faces before he said to Levi.

"Look at you, sittin' there sobbing about all of your problems to a goldfish. I mean, c'mon! you're a sad, gloomy, shut-in of an otaku, you know that?!"

"Shut up! And don't use that word like it's an insult! you're a moron, (Y/n)'s a backstabbing human, and you can both...spontaneously combust for all I care."

"Wow, just wow, Mammon's right. That was just lame," Raven agreed before I glared at him.

"Raven!"

"What?"