Chapter 23

READER'S POV

After making a pact with Beel and feeling better from last night's events, he decided to take me out for some dinner because the kitchen is still being repaired right now. He picked Hell's Kitchen and he had booked a table for it as well. We got to the restaurant and then we sat down at our table.

"Have anything off the menu you want, (Y/n)," Beel spoke with a smile. "You said that the only thing you wanted was to make a pact with me, but I don't feel like that's enough. So order whatever you want. Anything at all."

"Thanks Beel," I spoke with a smile while Raven panted and drooled happily.

"Right, don't mind if I do! Time to order big...real big!" Mammon spoke in a happy tone.

"Ooh, they have food from the human world...! Like this here. This is what Minoka in 'Help! I'm an Evil Overlord! - How Discovering That My Classmate Was  a Witch Set Me on a Course to Become Superme Ruler of Another Dimension. They actually have it here!" Levi spoke with a grin on his face.

I sweat dropped a little when I saw their reactions but Beel looked annoyed.

"I said I was taking (Y/n) out to eat, not you guys. So, why are you two here?"

"Hey, come on. What's the harm in havin' us tag along, huh? Don't be such a killjoy!" Mammon spoke with a smile.

"Order first, we should. Talk later, we can."

Beel sighed and then he said to Levi and Mammon.

"Just so we're clear, I'm not paying for either of you guys."

"Now come on, Beel. Even if there were ten of us here with you, we still wouldn't be able to eat as much as you do on your own. Payin' for us won't set ya back that much," Mammon talked back to him.

"It's not about the money. But I'm still not paying," Beel grumbled.

"Begin by ordering drinks, I will."

"You turnin' into one of your 2D characters again, Levi?" Mammon asked him.

I shook my head at them before looking at the menu and then I decided what I was going to eat. After we had our food and drinks, Beel and I told Mammon and Levi why he made a pact with me in the first place.

"Mmm, ineresting. So you're hopin' to get Lucifer and Belphie to make up, huh?" Mammon asked me.

"And that's why you decided you'd make a pact with (Y/n), Beel?" Levi asked Beel.

"Well, that's not the only reason, but yeah, we both want the same thing."

I nodded my head in agreement but, Mammon and Levi didn't look convinced.

"(Y/n), do ya really think you can do this? I mean, we're talkin' about Lucifer here," Mammon asked me.

"I know I can do it," I spoke in a confident tone.

"I've always thought it was impossible, so I gave up on trying. But if you never try, you're guaranteed not to succeed, right?" Beel spoke with a smile.

"If you ask me, there's no chance this'll work."

"This isn't a game you can win," Levi warned me.

"So?" I asked him before giving a bit of my food to Raven before he hiding back into my shadow.

"This is a family issue that affects all of us brothers. But think about it: has anyone ever tried to solve it, whether it was us or anyone else? Who's ever offered to help those two make up?"

"No one, I guess," Mammon shrugged it off.

"Nope, nobody," Levi agreed  with him.

"Sure, this might be impossible. We might end up giving up and accepting that it won't happen. But we can at least give it a shot before deciding it can't be done. It doesn't hurt to try," Beel convinced the others.