4 - Tie

20th January 2017

Today Lee was blabbering at me, starting to form words. A few walkers came by today, not too stressful. I think they're pretty much all gone.

I drank some odd tasting coffee. I was 100% certain Clem spiked it or something because I felt extremely ill afterwards. Lee just kept giggling at me as I clutched onto my stomach. 1 year old and he's an asshole. Great.

When he's older I'm sure it'll all be fine. I can't wait to take him hunting and do father and son things, I just wish he would hurry up and grow. Clem tells me I have to be patient, but I hate it when she does. I had spent some time with Nick lately, he's a good kid as well. But I can't help but feel as if Luke's getting himself back into a rut.

Its not that he's bad, its just the past few days he's looked a bit 'off'. Maybe it wasn't the coffee? Maybe there's something spreading around Wellington, I forgot about disease.

I couldn't deal with a plague or some shit. Although the world we lived in now was a constant black death. I'm simply writing today due to boredom and the fact I'm laying in bed trying not to vomit in the bucket beside me.

Today would be my dads funeral if everything went as planned. I had the suit jacket at moms house but I needed pants and a shirt. Although they were back at Kelly's place, I guess you could call it our place.

"It won't take long." I explain to my soon to be wife. She begins to mess around with my collar.

"I know. But you take as long as you need, alright?" She looks me in the eyes and I give her a quick peck on the lips.

"Alright. I know." I sigh straightening my tie and looking in the long mirror at myself. A second ago you could say I looked like dad but as soon as I put that tie on that image disappeared. Dad never wore a tie.

Except he never called them ties. He used to call them 'neck snakes'. Typical dad.

"You look really good" Kelly compliments. I give her the fakest smile possible.

"Thanks." I nod.

I go back down to the reception and meet Hendrix who opened up the basement for me where I was greeted by our two criminals. My brother and my cousin.

"Come on Nick, you're coming to the funeral" I begin to unlock his cell and he nods. Lee was opposite grumbling.

"Aren't you unlocking mine?" Lee questions as he stands up and grips the metal bars.

"You're not fucking coming." I bark. Not wanting to get too angry with him today,I couldn't deal with it.

"It's my fathers funeral. I think I have some sort of right?" Lee shouts at me.

"You lost your rights when you put your family in danger. You never gave two shits about dad when he was alive so what makes you think you care now that he's gone?" I growl. Nick stands behind me awkwardly with cuffs on his wrists. If he didn't wear the cuffs people at Wellington would go ballistic.

"You know what fuck you! When I get out of here I'm fucking leaving this shithole." He snaps rattling on the bars.

"Save it." I spin on my heel and lead Nick out of the basement.

I told Nick to sit in reception with Hendrix for a little while whilst I go and see mom. He didn't mind, he enjoyed any company other than Lee at this point.

It was time to head off to finish this event that I dreaded. When I stepped into moms house she was dressed up. A long black dress, nearly scraping the floor. She honestly looked beautiful, if only dad could see her now. I tried to dull my thoughts by looking back at my mom.