44 - Defined

Lewis POV

"My fucking head." I grumble, trying not to open my eyes.

"I made you coffee" a voice announces. I lift my head the best I could and attempt to open my crusting eyes. A figure comes towards me as I sit up.

"Good morning...beautiful." I smile as I realise who it was. She hands me the coffee and I take a sip.

"You're probably still drunk, you'd never say that." Ali chuckles lightly. I just smirk back.

She comes around the other side of the bed and sits down beside me. I didn't realise I was topless until I looked downwards. I placed my hand down the blankets. Thank fuck I still had my underwear on.

"I'd say that without being drunk. You are really fucking beautiful." I rest my head on the bed's headboard and turn my head towards her slightly. She smiles and shakes her head.

"What happened last night... I want to talk about it." She suddenly brings up. I look straight at her before taking another sip of the coffee.

"What do you want to speak about?"

"What we did... Does that make us something?" Ali gives me a worried look. I hadn't got a clue what she was talking about.

"What did we do?" I question. Anxious for the answer, I think I knew what was coming.

"Well, we erm..."

"I can sort of guess what's coming." I sigh. Not that it was a particularly bad thing...I guess.

"You were coming." Ali pulls the most evilest smirk I'd ever seen. Like some sort of creeper face. She then bursts out laughing.

"Alright, now that was funny." I laugh along with her at the crude joke. You have to admit it was funny, right?

I rub my head and place the coffee on the bedside. Ali comes and sits closer beside me.

"You didn't answer my question. Does this make us something? Do you love me?" Ali grabs my hand. I felt slightly awkward. I'd never been in this situation before.

This was a Lee type of situation. The one where you get drunk, fuck a girl and then leave her in the morning. But I wasn't Lee. So I wasn't going to leave her.

"I don't know." I shrug honestly. I really didn't know what to think. I didn't know if I loved the poor girl. It was all a mess in my mind.

"You don't know? You said you did." Ali just looks at me blankly. As if I did something wrong. Did I really tell her I loved her?

"I was drunk. I'm not sure."

"You were sure enough at the time. You said it first, so I replied." I watch her play with her long hair between her fingers as she sits awkwardly on the bed.

"You love me?" I wasn't surprised about it, I was just surprised she would admit it.

"Yes Lewis! Of course I fucking do." She pathetically hits the pillow beside her. I think she was frustrated.

There was a million things I could have said. I wasn't sure which one was right so I took a chance. Perhaps my drunk words were my underlying thoughts. You know what they say 'A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts'.

"If that's the case, I love you too." I say with a sudden burst of confidence. Ali continues to sit on her legs. I take her small hands and pull them towards me. Kissing her skinny hand and smiling.

She looks forward making her her droop in the same direction. I could tell she was smiling, I just couldn't see all of her face over her long hair covering it.