50 - Nonbelievers (Epilogue)

The sun set over Ohio as 6 teenagers all sat around a campfire on a desolate beach.

Some of them cousins to one another and others siblings. All blood related in some way, leaving their two eldest relations back at Wellington. Charlotte and Alfie had their own things to attend to.

They didn't need a campout with the rest of their family members. They were out starting families of their own.

A sign swung from one bolt at the edge of the beach. 'Nickel plate beach'.

It had been a long time since the beach had seen any activity. But this was the teenagers favourite place to hang out.

The remains of a tatty school bus with flat tires and front doors which were jammed shut. The old bloodied marks on the windows from the raving hands of the undead had washed away from years of precipitation. However there was one way of accessing the bus.

The busted back door that a certain Joshua Turner flew through all of them years ago to save his pregnant wife.

"There's no fucking way anyone did that. It's just fucked up." The eldest Banks child says. Only two children in the family weren't Turner's and that was the children of Hendrix and April.

His name was Alex. He was the elder brother of Zoey. Also a Bank's kid. April and Hendrix finally settled down together, yet Hendrix still gets told off by April every other day.

"No. I'm being serious! They don't teach you everything in school!" Ryan Turner tries to convince the rest of his family.

Being the son of Lewis Turner had it's advantages. Ryan was bulky and well built. Able to stand up to anyone that stood in his way. But the fact he had the personality of his father held him back sometimes. He was harmless really. He had spent all of today explaining the story of the infamous Josh Turner that Lewis had told him.

"I'm pretty sure my Dad would have told me that." A pretty girl named Heather picks her nails and rolls her eyes.

Lee's second child. However every one of his children wwas mothered by different women. He also had a son named Grayson as well as Charlotte. Relationships didn't work out as well as he wanted but now he was still with Grayson's mother after all of these years.

"You know dad doesn't tell us shit. It's just the way he functions." Grayson pokes the fire with a stick. Grayson was the youngest and most likely the most connected with his father. They spoke a lot, but never about Lee. Never about the thing he had done.

"His name was John Turner!" Ryan tries to tell the rest of the people around the campfire.

"Well, everyone knows about him." Lauren rolls her eyes. She had heard the story thousands of times told by their dad. Lewis was pretty open to his kids, he would tell them anything they wanted to know. The older generations of the Turner family were nothing more than a collection of folk tales.

"I'm telling you now, our grandad killed him! Our grandad killed our great grandad, if that makes sense. Dad said he was a fucking badass." Ryan tries to explain with various hand movements. Nobody believed what he was saying, the new Wellington was much more civilised.

"Isn't he the one that got hung?" Zoey asks innocently. She looked too much like her mother April.

"My dad doesn't like talking about that." Grayson scratches the back of his neck.

"Yeah, well uncle Lee doesn't talk about shit." Ryan half chuckles to his cousin. Lee wasn't exactly the most talkative person in the world now, he tended to keep to himself.

As he grew older the facial hair on his face grew longer and so did the frown he held. Now his kids were older he was able to become more depressed, but it didn't stop him dragging Lewis out on the occasional fishing trip.