25 - Friends

I placed the diary on top of the radiator at my moms house. In the spare bedroom of course where I was staying. I couldn't have her find out about it. It would destroy her.

I lay down on the old bed and stare at the ceiling. Trying to process all of the things I had been told about an hour ago. I still hadn't processed the information about Sam from last week. I had been put under a lot of stress.

I couldn't even begin to believe that Kelly was pregnant. It pained me to even think about it. It was times like these that I just wanted to curl up into a ball and slowly drift off to sleep. I wouldn't say I was suicidal but I was close.

I couldn't do that to mom. I loved her too much, I did in fact love my life most of the time as well. But when things like this happened I just wanted to go to another place. I'd always wanted to experience 'walkers' to know what it was like.

Maybe kill a few like mom used to say she did. All of the memories that she has harbored and told us. She said that sometimes killing them helped get the pain out when she lost someone since she knew they were the reason why they were taken away from her.

"Knock, Knock." I hear a voice say and the door opens. I quickly jump up, grab the diary and throw it under the bed. Probably destroying the damn thing even more.

The mystery person presents themselves as they walk in. I sit on the bed and just stare at the wall. When I turn my head to see who it was I was surprised.

"Oh, Ali. I didn't expect you." I say, trying to sound the least bit sarcastic as possible. She comes and sits beside me on the bed.

Out of all of the people in Wellington Ali was the only person I would be willing to speak to.

"Your mom let me in, she's about to go and visit Luke. She said she was worried about you." Ali says.

"She would be worried about me, wouldn't she. I don't even know how to feel anymore." I grown as I slump my body down on my pillow. I was so emotionally tired.

"You have a lot on your plate at the moment. You need to relax, see I remembered it's your birthday tomorrow." I see her smile at me in the corner of her eye as I laid down and shut my eyes.

"Ergh, I don't want to be 27" I slur as I hug my pillow. I couldn't deal with this sort of stress, 27 year olds are meant to be out partying. I've seen it in the movies. Instead I just felt old with too many responsibilities.

"Well tough, you're going to be 27 and you're going to have to deal with it. Stop moaning else I'll have to throw you a party." Ali giggles slightly and I continue to lay with my eyes shut.

"She's pregnant." I suddenly spit out.

"Who, Kelly?" Ali questions in shock. I open one of my eyes to see her reaction.

"Yep and I'm pretty sure it's Lee's." I huff in disbelief. I watch Ali's face drop and she just stares at me.

"I'm so sorry Lewis. I really am."

"I've heard that one too many times today." I sigh.

I continue to stare at the ceiling and suddenly Ali lays beside me and does the same. She was my go-to girl whenever something fucked up in my life and that happened a lot.

"Well let's talk about something funny to cheer you up..." Ali begins.

"Yeah? Like what?" I turn my head towards her. She was still looking up at the ceiling. He hands touching her stomach. Her long hair was up in it's usual ponytail.

"Adam." She laughs.

"Oh God, not that asshole again." I continue to hug the pillow and listen. Adam was one of the few dicks that used to bully me in school. Dad did not like the kid at all and even threatened to kick him out of the education programme.

He had changed now, I could hold a decent conversation with the guy. He was a member of the patrol, about Lee's age. Maybe a bit younger.

"Well, he asked me out once again the other day."

"And you said?"

"I said no. You really think I'd go out with that slimy bastard. I have standards." Ali starts to laugh and I follow her lead.

"Love is fucked up. My advice? Stay away from it." I chuckle. It was true, love always made a mess of things.

"One day, you'll find the right girl for you Lewis." She says to me. I couldn't help but laugh even more.

"That's the problem. I thought Kelly was the one for me. I've never loved anyone like I loved her."

"Remember Will? I thought he was perfect beyond belief. He was so nice to me, he had a smoking hot b-" Ali starts to talk about her ex-boyfriend Will.

"Spare me the details." I say as I scratch the top of my head. I'd heard way too much about 'Will'.

Alright, but only because you've had a shit day and it's your birthday tomorrow. Other than that I would have told you every detail about every inch of his body." She turned towards me and winked.

I did nothing but screw up my nose. I hated hearing about Will. How perfect he was to her, how perfect he looked. He sounded like a great guy, apparently things just didn't work out between them. I aspire to be Will. He had his shit sorted. I bet he didn't have any thieving brothers.

"The diary is ruined, Lee left it out in the rain." I admit to her. I get up off of the bed and reach underneath it to try and find it. I didn't mean to throw it.

She crawls across the bed and lays on it on her stomach watching me as I'm reach under the bed. I finally find the diary and show it to her. She looks it over.

"Think about it, it's not that bad. You can still read the majority of the writing. The outer leather has protected it more than you'd expect." Ali says as she looks over the book.

Her works make me a little more positive as I look at it. She was right.

"I guess you're right." I manage to smile as I look at the diary in her hands. It could have been so much worse. I was glad she thought about the positive.

Eventually after I spoke to Ali for a little while, she got ready to leave. I told her everything I had on my mind as I glared at the ceiling above. Every messed up thought in my head and more.

"It's dark outside, I can walk you home." I announce as I look out of the window. It was about 11pm.

"It's Wellington, who's out there to hurt me?" She shrugs.

"That's the problem, it's Wellington. We also have some crazy people wanting to take us over. I wouldn't say this is a safe place at all." I tell her, she just sighs.

"Okay, protect me from the bad people." She wiggles her arms for some sort of joke.

"Not with that attitude I won't." I chuckle as I open up the door and let her outside of the bedroom. When we walk down the stairs Mom was on the couch asleep.

The TV was on and the room was dark.

"I love your mom, she's such a great person." Ali whispers to me as we walk past. I find a blanket that was on the side and drape it over her.

"She sure is." I smile down at my mom as I cover her with the blanket.

We walk out of the house and I take Ali home. It gave me a reassurance to know my only good friend got home safely. I couldn't have her leaving me now either.

She was the only person I could rely on.

******
Ergh I hate building up to the big bits.

Filler chapters kill me.

I love making you guys cry.

You've all been so active lately. I love you :) xD

We need Sam to return. Then things will get funky ;)