28 - Admitance

Oh God. I had terrible writers block, I'm so sorry. I'll try and get things back up to speed soon. I need to finish off all my stories by May, it's proving more difficult than I first thought. He's an extra long chapter.

*********

It was then that I turned back around after Redwood and his men began to pursuit of heading back to the treeline. To the small hill that my mother says she used to sit with my dad when she was younger.

I stroke my hand through my hair. I couldn't be dealing with this. I take one last look at Brittany's body laying on the floor. I ordered one of the patrol members to take her body inside the walls. She deserved a burial like everyone else.

As Redwood went back to his men I went back to mine. This really was going to be a war.

When I walk back in I was surrounded by people. I couldn't see anyone I knew directly until Ali sprung out of nowhere.

"Oh my God, you're okay." She says surprisingly as she wraps her skinny arms around me. Everyone watches us. I felt traumatised.

"Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?" I say as I shake violently. I wasn't going to lie. What Redwood said to me, I knew he wasn't playing around.

We were really going to war.

"Is it happening? Are we fighting? Is this war?" Some random man says to me as Ali removes herself. I didn't care who it was. I just needed someone to hold close. I was scared.

"I think....we are. I want everyone to have weapons. Nobody spared. Woman and children stay on the South side. The fight will take place in the Industrial side. I don't want it going into the village. They're going to make our life hell, we probably can't stop that, but we can stop them. They're not getting in here." I announce.

I couldn't believe this was going to be some 'organised' war.

I watch a few people nod and run off, most likely making sure the children are packed safely away. Hopefully even if we're killed, Redwood and his men wouldn't have enough brutality to murder children.

"In the next 5 minutes we fire on his people." I command as I walk off through the crowd. Ali grips onto the bottom of my T-shirt as I lead her out of the mass amount of people. When we finally get out she stops me.

"You look, ill. What did he say to you?" She asked as she gripped onto my arms. I couldn't deny my best friend. Especially when she looked that desperate for an answer.

"We're all going to die. That's what. Apart from me." I gulp. I refuse to make eye contact with her.

"What's that meant to mean?"

"It means, he's going to make me watch everyone's death. I really can't deal with that. What if he kills...Kelly and the baby? What if he kills Mom? What about you? I can't lose all of that." I sniff. I hoped nobody saw the tears that welled up in my eyes.

"Lewis, I'm not going to die. We're going to live together then die together. We're going to stop them before they even get that close. It's going to be okay." She lies to me straight through her teeth. I knew that this would in fact not be okay at all.