10 - Release

8th August 2017

Turns out Clem wasn't in a bad mood with me. She was in a bad mood with the world. I found out today as to why she was a little down. She was scared.

Today she sat me down on the couch and said the words 'I'm pregnant' casually to my face as she held my hands. What the fuck? Again? This is why I needed to keep myself to myself. I'm not sad about having another kid, trust me.

Just...bad timing. Lee's crying already drives me insane, not another one. Maybe if I finally get my wish I'll get a quiet little girl. But to be perfectly honest I didn't feel bothered. We were safe. I felt safe and if bringing up more kids was what we needed to do to rebuild the population I'll have endless nights with my wife every 9 months. Do you have to wait a month or so in between? By the end of it she'll be firing babies out like the machine gun.

But that's not the point, Lee was a highlight in my life. He's allowed me to forget some of the past. I was thankful for the little boys chuckling face. Having another kid wouldn't be THAT bad.

LEWIS POV

*2 years later*

I close my dad's diary again. I read it a lot, reading back through and tracing my fingers round every word. I loved reading his thoughts, it really allowed me to understand the man I never knew that well.

"Is today the day?" Mom asks me as she hands me a coffee.

"Sure is." I nod sipping it gently.

"Be careful. You know that right?" She hounds me. I knew to be careful.

Me and Kelly never got married. Lately we were a bit 'on and off'. What she says I always seem to go against, resulting in a little arguement. But I still loved her, I didn't mean to be an ass sometimes. I preferred going on little breaks with her, that way I knew we could resolve things.

"I'm always careful" I smirk and my mom shakes her head.

After I finish a small conversation about Luke's health and wellbeing, I stand up to leave.

"Just remember to tell him." My mom reminds me as she turns away with sadness.

"I know. I know." I sigh as I turn the door handle and leave.

I scratch my growing beard and walk into reception. There on the desk was my sister with her legs crossed and Hendrix staring at her as if she was some sort of mythical being. They had been on and off for a long time, she could never make up her damn mind.

"Keys" I ask Hendrix knocking him from his daze.

"What?" He looks up confused. My sister turns towards me at the same time.

"I said keys" I command again. This time he fiddles with his belt before throwing the keys towards me.

"That's today?" April threads her fingers through Hendrix's hair as she speaks. Most likely driving him insane with lust.

"Seems like it." I sigh as I spin the keys around my fingers and lift open the hatch to the basement.

When I walk into the buried room, I see my cousin and my brother. Both in separate cells. Nick stands up to greet me.

"You don't look so hot, you okay?" Nick looks at me. I was fine, I don't see why he was worried about me. He still had another 8 years or maybe more.

"Is it the beard?"

"A little bit." Nick admits. Maybe the beard I was growing wasn't the best look for me.

I spin on my heel and see my older brother. He too had a small beard. Hendrix would usually monitor them if they wanted to use a shaver, just in case they had other ideas with the sharp objects. But nothing bad ever happened.

"What's up bro?" Lee says spitefully. None of his words seemed...civil.

"Just get out the cell." I order, he does as he's told.

"So that's it? I'm free to do whatever?" He stares at me.

"I guess, within reason." I roll my eyes.

"Good, I'm sexually deprived" Lee grins and then walks away.

He begins to walk up the stairs and leave me in the basement with Nick. Lee was a free man, maybe he was excited? I wasn't, I knew he would probably just cause problems.

"Oh yeah and Lee!" I call to him, I had forgotten something very important.

"What is it now?" He grumbles turning back.

"Stay the fuck away from mom." I say casually, glaring at him. If he went anywhere near mom I would go fucking insane.

"Are you serious?" Lee huffs now glaring at me. Nick turned towards the increasingly conflicted conversation.

"Yes. I'm being serious." I tilt my head downwards in aggression.

"You can't stop me from seeing my own mom! This is bullshit." He folds his arms over and pouts like a child.

"It wasn't my decision but if it wasn't I sure as hell would have made it my decision. Two years to think and you didn't even process a single useful thought? Fucking hell Lee, open your eyes. You can't just be that close to killing our uncle and expect everything to just go back to normal. Do you know Luke's suffering? Do you feel happy about that you sick fuck?" I shout at him harshly. He needed to hear them words.

"What happened to dad?" Nick shouts blocking off any further arguments.

"I'll speak to you about that later Nick, right now I'm dealing with this asshole." I growl and my older brother stand on the stairs.

"It's been two fucking years. I'm a free man." Before Lee leaves he manages to stick both his middle fingers up at me. He could do that all he wanted, I didn't give a shit. As long as he stayed away from me and my family.

Technically they were his family as well but he never treated them like that. He doesn't deserve them.

"Come on Lewis! Is my dad okay?" He grasps onto the metal bars as I turn around.

"Look he's alright, just suffering from a few senile moments. That's all." I say, he had forgotten a few things on numerous occasions.

"You got to get him to come down here some time, it's been a few months since his last visit." Nick hated being down here and now he wouldn't even have Lee to talk to.

"I'll sort something out." I assure him.

"If not, chain me up and drag me to him. You know I won't break free and do stupid shit. You know!" He urges. I shake my head.

"I can't do that man. It's up to Danny, you know the rules." I sigh. He instantly glares at the floor.

"I know. I want to get out of here so bad. I'm so bored, it's a living hell. I know what I did was wrong, I knew that long ago. I regret that night so much, I just want to see my son and apologise. But I know I never will. You got to keep an eye out for him for me? I've told you that so many times." He explains, slightly tearful but not willing to show it.

"I do look out for him. He's a smart kid." I tell him confidently. Alfie was a good kid, no doubt about it.

"I just want to see him grow. To be there for him, not like my dad used to be to me in my teenage years. I've missed out the main part of his life. What's he going to say when he finds out his dad was that psychopath who got locked up for years? What about his dad being related to the fucking Turner's?" He bangs his fist against the bars.

"I'll try not to take offence to that." I kick some dirt on the ground.

"Sorry, but you know what I mean. Its not even biological, I shouldn't have said anything." Nick rubs the back of his head.

"Doesn't matter. This'll all be over soon." I try to ignore his other comments.

"8 years isn't soon enough."

"Better than 9 years" I shrug and make my way out of the room.