42 - Boozy

Ali giggles and so do I.

"Okay, okay. One more." I agree on taking one last shot, draining out Lee's whiskey supply.

We were all in the back room of mom's house. Me, my brother, my sister, Ali and even Hendrix. All having the time of our life, Kelly went home. She wouldn't want to join in with the fun drinking games, since the baby and all. I wouldn't let her if she tried.

"Brother, you're on fire!" Lee shouts as I tilt my head back and the burning liquid slides down my throat.

I nod my head and pull a face at the taste.

Ali sits closer beside me. I don't care, I was having fun. It was the first time, in a long time.

"Alright, so if Lewis shuffles the deck we'll play again." Lee says pointing towards the pack of cards in the middle of the table. We honestly acted like we were all teenagers, yet all of us were over the age of 20.

We made up a drinking game called the 'Wellington boozy'. It was pretty simple and stupid. A pack of cards would be shuffled and placed in the middle of the table. Going around the table each player would take a card off the top and flip it around. If a female got a queen, it would be truth or dare. If a male got a king, it would also be truth or dare. If you got the random joker in the pack, you would have to take one shot. That played would then have to reshuffle the deck and the game continues.

I shuffled the deck in my hands. Although my brain was no longer connected to them as I felt slightly 'above earth'. I place the cards back on the table.

"April, you go first." I state, gesturing towards the cards. She happily sits up and takes the first card off of the top of the deck. It was a 3 of spades.

The game continues until Lee finally has his go. He flips the card over and the king of hearts was revealed.

"That's it Lee! Truth or dare!" April shouts with joy. We all sort of clap and cheer as he scratches his small beard.

"Okay! Okay! Calm it down! What am I doing slash saying?" He asks us all. We all sort of look at each other, thinking of something interesting for him to entertain us with.

"Get mom to take a shot." I chuckle back, taking sip of the third bottle of wine between us. Hendrix had already vomited twice.

"You really think she would?" Lee begins to pour the last of the whiskey into the shot glass. It was a shit dare, but the night was coming to a close.

"Probably not. But it's worth the try." I shrug and we all stand up to watch what happens. As we stand Ali stands beside me. I placed my hand on her hip, making sure she stuck closely to me.

We sneak into the opposing room where mom was cleaning up some of the plates from the party already. The majority of people had gone home. I think her hosting this was good for her, it kept her mind from drifting into dark places.

"Hey mom, can you drink this?" Lee casually walks up to mom and hands her the shot we all peer through the door. April covered her mouth in an attempt not to burst into giggles.

"You think I'd just drink something you give me? You can't be that stupid Lee." She laughs and Lee raises his eyebrows at us. He turns back to mom.

"It's a dare. It's only whiskey, nothing more. They wanted me to make you drink it." Lee explains. We all sigh as he gives the game up.

Mom takes the shot glass from Lee's hand and drinks it quickly.

"Holy shit. That's strong." Mom smiles. We all sort of look at each other. Did she really just do that? It was at that point we all begin to laugh.