27 - Last

12th June 2019

Do you know how much my boys have grown? I'm so proud of them both, whatever they've done or whatever they will do. I'll always be proud of them.

I have a feeling we can't stay in peace forever. Something will fuck up soon. I don't know when, maybe the virus will become a big thing again? Maybe all we've built will come crumbling down?

I'd hate to be around when this happens, but I don't want my sons to be in the mix either. I hope at whatever costs they protect each other from a threat. They have to, to survive. Then when me and their mother are gone they work together, to become something, to help someone.

I wouldn't say I'm Mr.Friendly, but I would protect all of these people if need be. I'd do anything. I even hurt dad for them, that means a lot. It took a lot. But I'm stronger than I was.

I don't even wa-

My reading was interrupted by the voice of my uncle on my bedside through a radio.

"Lewis. Get your ass down here now. He's back." Danny say heavily.

"Oh shit." I had completely forgot about Sam Redwood for an hour or so as I scanned through my dad's diary.

The past three weeks had been hell. Rebuilding the wall, finding out about Kelly and the baby, having my shitty birthday. Oh the list could go on.

I jump up off of my bed and pull a T-shirt over my head.

"Lewis! Everyone outside is running with guns!" I hear my mom shout from downstairs.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was.

"He's demanding you, he seems quite calm at the moment. I reported nearly all of patrol to the industrial side." I hear Danny's voice buzz through the radio. I grab it off of the side and place my finger on the button to reply.

"Copy that. I'm on my way." I say into the black device.

I reach underneath my bed and pull out the gun holster I had been given a few weeks ago. I buckle up, allowing the revolver to sit by my hip. That was when I ran downstairs to see my mom holding an old hunting rifle in one hand and an M16 in the other.

"Take this." She commands as she passes me the powerful assault rifle. I swing the strap over my shoulder.

"Stay safe" I panic as I give her a quick hug. I run out of the door and grab my bike off to the side.

It was the quickest I'd ever travelled on the bicycle. I darted down the street as some of the people around me with weapons ran.

"Lewis. Finally, he's brought all of his men." Danny announces to me as I jump off of my bike and kick down the stand. My eyes widen as I look at the fear that was actually projected in Danny's eyes. Something I had never seen before.

"All of them?" I gulp slowly.

Danny just nods and pats my back. I just stare at the industrial shipping container. A member of patrol opens up the door for me. I step through.

At the point I was presented with hundreds of weapons being pointed at me. Heavy trucks with even more men sat on the top with MG's. All pointing at me. Sat on top of the closest truck was the only man I recognised. Sam Redwood.

"Ah, Lewis. You finally decided to show up." Sam smiles as I watch him slowly slide down the bonnet of the truck.

I grip tightly onto the strap of the assault rifle I was holding. I felt nervous, all of these weapons on me at once.