45 - Crying

Lewis POV

"I have a hangover and you want me to play basketball?" I question my brother who was stood at the door of Ali's house at 1 in the afternoon.

"Well, I said we should spend some time together and I haven't played since I was about 10. The courts are only a five minute drive. It'll be fun. Please." He slightly begs. Since when has Lee ever asked me for anything like this before?

I think about it for a second before nodding. A smile spreads across his face. As much as I wanted to spend the day with Ali, this was important and I'm sure she would understand.

She did understand when I told her. Me and Lee walked to mom's house and I found some shorts. Lee took a pair of mine too.

"You're going to go and play basketball?" Mom questions as me and Lee stand by each other. She looked ever so confused.

"Is there a problem with that?" I ask with my head tilted. Mom shakes her head.

"As long as you hose down the side of the house afterwards." She folds over her arms and stares at me. Lee begins to laugh. I was confused?

"What?" I groan as my family members laugh at me for some reason. I don't remember what I did.

We get a basketball from storage and then grab a car, Lee drives. One part of me knew this would just be a friendly match but another part of me only thought Lee was bringing me out here to stab me to death.

When we get to the court it reminded me of my childhood. Dad took us here once, just before April was born. Mom was really pissed off, most likely hormones so Dad quickly pushed us out the door and took us here.

"Do you remember when Mom got really pissed off with all of us so Dad took us here?" I decided to share my thoughts with Lee as we clamber out the car.

"I remember that! 'I'm fed up of all of your shit! Just leave me alone!'" Lee imitates Mom and her screaming. I'm surprised he even remembered what she said. We both began laughing as I threw Lee the ball.

"You ready to play?" I question my older brother who began to pick a fraying piece of plastic off of the pumped up ball.

He finally begins to dribble the ball.

"Come on then." Lee smirks at me as I run after him.

I manage to knock it out of his hand and continue the dribble onwards down to the rusted hoop. He comes up behind me and trips me up making me drop the ball in the process. It rolled off and he chases after it as I regain my balance.

"You bastard" I laugh as I shake my head.

Lee goes down the last stretch and jumps high making the ball fly through the air in the direction of the hoop.

"He shoots and he-" Just as Lee gets cockier than a man with 3 dicks the ball bounces off of the side of the hoop.

I burst out laughing at his failed attempt.

"You fucking suck." I jeer as he just puts his middle finger up at me. He grabs the ball rolling on the floor and throws it towards me. It was heavy and I take a step back when catching it.

"I have an unfair advantage. I was sort of shot a week or so ago." Lee points to his bad arm. I just shrug and throw the ball exactly through the hoop. It didn't even scrape the sides.

I place my hands on my hips and imitate some sort of sassy female.

"Easy."

Lee ends up getting really competitive. We must have played for a couple of hours. I surprisingly loved spending the time with him. I hadn't been with him for this long and smiling since I was a kid. We end up sitting on the grass together staring and the court that we had just spent hours playing on.