14 - Guest

4th November 2017

I tried to cook stuff today. As by stuff, I mean food. I tried not to burn it but you know what, I did. Clem kept shouting at me. Lee just sat in the corner and cried. I mean it's not my fault that I was the greatest cook around.

She sent me out for more food. Wasn't happy since I froze my balls off as I went outside. Eventually we ended up having a nice dinner, not cooked by me obviously. Why couldn't I be good at cooking? I'd love to make romantic meals for Clem. I mean I can't exactly take her out to a restaurant.

I wish there was restaurants. We would never be like the couples on them stupid films she makes me watch. The ones where girl meets boy. They go out for dates. Something tragic happens. They end up liking each other. Then they bang.

Why couldn't life be that easy? Things would go so smoothly. But yeah, I would love to take Clem out on a date but I knew it would never happen. Have we been on dates before without realising? Probably.

I mean, she was pregnant again. What would that mean? It wasn't as daunting this time. I feel as if I expect the screaming and the blood. I think I'll be alright this time. I'll be better, more prepared.

I'm saying this ones going to be another boy. I mean, who knows? I just have a feeling.

I close my dad's diary. The same diary I have read through around 6 times. I couldn't help it. I felt as if I needed to learn every aspect about his life that I could. I tuck it away in my bedside drawer and turn the lock. That was my drawer, nobody else's.

I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. The pattern intrigued me, so I continued to watch it in case it moved.

The bedroom door shut and Kelly came and sat beside me on the bed. I didn't want to look at her, not after her kind hospitality to someone I despised.

"He's on the couch." She says before turning towards me.

"What difference does it make? He's still in our fucking house." I growl back. I didn't like this one bit.

"It's only for a week or so, until Danny sorts out the housing. There isn't any right now." Kelly tells me before holding my hand. I put my other hand behind my head.

"A week? You said a few days." I suddenly jolt my head in her direction.

"A few days can count as a week."

"No, a few days is 2 days. Maybe 3. Not fucking 7!" I snap.

"He can't just be homeless." She tries to convince me. Tempting me, as she stroked my forearm.

"Yes, he fucking can." I laugh. Of course he could be homeless. Nobody gave a fuck about him. I certainly didn't want the bastard in my house.

"He was polite to me." She admits as she traces a few circles with her finger on my arm.

"Polite? Lee, polite? Them words don't mix. You know he's an evil asshole." I finally make eye contact with her.

"You just need to relax. He hasn't done anything wrong." She comes closer to me.

The fact she said he hasn't done anything wrong was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard in my entire life. She was wrong. This was Lee we're talking about. He was in my fucking house. My house. Not his.

I begin to laugh.

"It's true, it's not like he beat me to come inside. He just asked nicely, so I thought I would do the right thing." Kelly admits whilst stroking my growing hair backwards.

I needed a haircut. It was about time again. I'd go tomorrow morning. Ali's older sister did the haircutting around here. Everyone was connected to something.

"He could have." I argue back with a smile.

"But he didn't" she kisses me on the forehead. I hesitate with silence for a few moments.

"Only on the forehead?" I smirk. Changing my mood after her contact.

She instantly allows for our lips to connect. My hand slowly travelled down her body. I'd wanted this for a long time. It wasn't often we had days like this.

So what if Lee was in the lounge? If he heard us it didn't matter. It was a territorial thing. She was my wife to be, not his.I deserved magical nights like these, he didn't. Although he's probably screwed everyone my age anyway. Apart from Kelly.

"I need you to know, I love you so much." I whisper to her. I wanted her to know, I felt as if I never told her as much as I should.

"I know Lewis, I know." She says as she crawls to my arm for a cuddle.

I felt a little disappointed she didn't say it back. But I knew how things were. We weren't always together, I missed her a lot. Ever since my dads death we hadn't been the greatest couple but we tried to stick with it.

I drifted off to sleep. When I finally woke up I smelt eggs. Kelly must have been cooking. I pull my jeans on and walk out the bedroom. I walked around without a T-shirt on in the morning. I felt no need for it.

I sneak up behind Kelly as she cooks. Wrapping my arms around her from the back and resting my head on her shoulder.

"Good morning beautiful." I whisper into her ear as she jumps slightly.

"Don't scare me like that, asshole." She giggles. I watch her poke the eggs around the frying pan.

"I'm going to get showered, then I'm going to Lara's for a haircut." I kiss her on the cheek.

"Sounds like you have your day planned."

"I always do." I smirk before letting go of her waist and walking to the bathroom. I had too much stubble right now, I needed to reduce it at least a little bit.

When I get to the bathroom, the door was open and I was presented with Lee. Stood there at the mirror, using my shaver to shave his dirty ass face.

"Get the fuck off of that!" I snarl as I dart straight towards the doorway.

"Woah, I'll get you a new one. Calm your tits!" Lee jumps up quickly in shock and raises his hands.

"Get the hell out of my bathroom." I command. Lee looks at me.

"When I said calm your tits. I meant it, they're showing." He begins to laugh. I regretted not wearing a T-shirt this morning.

"Look, it's my bathroom so I use it first." I sigh, fed up of his shit.

"Alright, alright. Just it's been a long time since I had a hot shower." He admits whilst gesturing to the shower.

"You're going to have to wait even longer. I'm going to stay in there until I use all of the hot water." I smirk, feeling good about my smug plan.

"And you call me the asshole?" He points to himself and wipes his face on one of my towels.

"Yes, I do." I manage a small smile at my older brother. He was an asshole, it wasn't a secret.

*********

Can't wait for this book to progress. I have so many plans. :)

Let's just say...

Whatever happens, the people of Wellington must stick together even if they begin to fall apart a little bit more everyday.