One

- Alyce's POV -

Mid August -

I was running, fast. 

As soon as I got the news I ended the call and started sprinting to our band's studio. 

I wasn't far.  I was already walking there for our weekly get-togethers to either write songs, make music, or just hang out. 

I couldn't get the smile off my face as I was rushing through the streets.  People probably thought I was crazy.  I was wearing a hat and sunglasses so I couldn't be seen by the paparazzi.  Don't get me wrong, I love getting my picture taken sometimes and meeting and greeting supporters, but right now, no. 

I round the corner and see the tall recording studio building.

Yay, I'm almost there... Oh great.

There is now a crowd of people with cameras coming my way.  Yup, I knew I couldn't get away from them.  Thankfully I take a left, straight through the doorway of the building. 

I made it. 

The security guard closes the main door and says his hello's.  I greet him back and thank him before pressing the elevator button. 

Damn this is taking forever.

I hear a ding and the elevator doors finally open.  There was a small group of people already inside.  I scooted to the side to let them exit first.  Once the elevator was clear, I stepped inside and pressed the fourth-floor button. 

Damn these stupid doors.

I aggressively tap the 'close door' button before it decides to finally work. 

I can't stand still.  My smile still hasn't left my face and I keep swaying back and forth.  I am breathing heavily from all the running I just did. 

I hear another ding, the elevator stops and the doors soon open - at a very slow pace.

Okay, but what the actual fuck is wrong with this building's elevators.  It's always been an issue, I've just never fully noticed till now that I am in a rush.

I step out and fast walk towards our studio room while I am taking off my hat and sunglasses.  I guess I forgot to take them off when I got in the building.

Soon I am in front of the door and I bust it open.  Dean, Theo, and James are surrounding the table looking down at their laptop.  They all stop talking and look at me. 

I bet I look like I just ran a marathon, but I didn't care.

Our recording studio was a fairly decent-sized room.  The studio is divided into three. 

The first half of the room holds the restroom and the kitchen.  Once you walk in, you step into a small kitchen and lounging area.  There is a counter built in the corner of the wall and a table centered in the middle of the room. The kitchen contains a microwave, a minifridge, and a sink.  I am so glad we requested a kitchen, we all get very hungry during recording.  Far to the left of the kitchen, there is a door leading to a restroom.

Turning fully to the left of the room there is a couch leaning against the wall.  On that wall held some posters of our band's album covers.  Then a door that leads you to the second half of the studio.  Once you walk through that door, your eyes meet the actual recording machine table.  There are so many buttons and lights, it is very confusing at first until you get the hang of it.  The lighting is dim.  Most of the brightness comes from the window in front of the recorder, giving you a view of the next room.  One of the walls held framed records from our best albums.