Ten

- Narrators POV -

- End of November -

'You got this, just ask.' Finn told himself.

"Doyouwannabemyplusonetoaholidayparty?"  Finn blurts out quickly.

"Wait, what?  Finn, talk slower."  Finn and Alyce are talking on the phone while Alyce is making herself a cup of iced coffee.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I was asking if you wanted to—maybe be my plus one for a Holiday party?  It's the day before Christmas Eve...I understand if you say no, or if you're busy—"

Alyce raises her eyebrows in surprise as she throws the used coffee grounds in the trash and walks back to the coffee maker.  "Oh, yeah, sure I'll go.  That sounds fun"

"Oh, thank G—" He stopped himself, "Okay—um, great.  I will send you the details later." 

"Okay, I will talk to your later, bye Finn—oh and thank you for inviting me."

"Yeah, yeah of course, bye, Alyce."

And with that, they end the call.

A knock suddenly comes from outside Finn's trailer.  He gets up and opens the door to reveal Millie. They are in the process of filming stranger things 4.

"Hey"

"Hi, are we filming again?  I thought we had the rest of the day off?"  Finn said.

"Oh, no we are done for the day, I was just bored.  Plus, we can go over our lines if you want." 

Finn scrunched his face in some sort of disgust and groans, "Ugh, I'm too tired, but come in."  Millie then walks up the few steps into his trailer and sits at the end of his bed. 

"Well, how have you been?  We see each other all the time but only when filming."

"I've been good, today is a great day actually."

"Oh?  And why is that?"

"Well, I asked Alyce to the holiday party" He inhales, "and she said she will be my plus one."  He exhaled.

Millie's eyes go wide, "Alyce?  Alyce... Ellison?"

"Yup,"  Finn straightens his back.

"Wait, do you like her?"

"I have for a while actually."

"Oh, I didn't know that," Millie mumbled.

'Shit' Millie said to herself.

They sat in a weird silence until Millie spoke again, "Well, that is very exciting. I've heard a lot about her and I can't wait to finally meet her."

-

"Thank you, bye," Alyce said as she closed the door with her right hand and held a bag of food that was just delivered to her left. She walked into her living room to find Lily sitting on the couch.

"Wait, so now you're going to a party...with Finn?" Lily asked as she took her food out of the bag.

"Yeah, weird right? As long we're going as friends then I'm fine with it."

Lily looks at Alyce, narrows her eyes, and then nods her head, "Yeah, I think he likes you."

Alyce almost spits her drink out, "What?! No."

"Dude, it's pretty obvious, not gonna lie."

Alyce scrunched her face.

"Well," Lily shrugged, "do you like him?"

Alyce takes a bite of her food, "No, I've only ever seen him as a friend, nothing more."

"Yeah, I didn't think he was your type anyway." Lily chuckles.

They both finish their food and talk some more.

-

Once Millie gets back to her trailer she decides to call Louis.

She puts her phone up to her ear. After a couple of seconds of ringing, Louis finally answers.

"Louis, quick question"

"Hey Mills, uh, yeah?"

"Do you think you could come to LA the day before Christmas Eve for a party?"

"Shit, no I can't. My dad's side of the family has a party going on then. Why don't you ask Finn or Noah? I would say William but he has something going on then too."

"Finn already asked someone... hm, I'll ask Noah," Millie said as she bit one of her nails.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay, I was just wondering."

"Louis we start in 3 minutes." A voice sounded in the background of the call.

"Uh, Mills I gotta go, I got practice starting right now."

"Alright, bye."

They hung up and Louis hung his sports bag on his shoulder and walked towards the field.

Millie sat on her kitchen counter, "Well then" She muttered to herself.

———

A/N -

Sorry for the short chapter... Things are finally going to start happening...

- Cadie ♡