Seventeen

January -

- Alyce's POV -

We arrived in South Carolina around 10:00 PM last night. As soon as we crossed the state lines we found the nearest truck stop and rested there till morning.

James made sure to wake up everyone but himself with his alarm at 5:45 this morning.

Before we got on the road, some of us took turns changing in the bathroom into casual clothes, and the rest stayed in pajamas, then, we each put together a bowl of cereal for breakfast. We were back on the road by 6:00.

8:34 -

We just arrived in Georgia. I get up to change into today's clothes and put on some makeup but Lily stopped me. "We still have six hours on the road, best to be in comfy clothes. Up to you though."

I raise my eyebrows, nod, and sit back down. "No, you're right."

At 12:00,  we woke up Dean, who still happened to be asleep, and took a break and stopped to get food.

Forty-five minutes later I have a small argument with Freddie again on who drives the rest of the way. He won by calling Theo over to take his place, again.

12:53 -

Lily and I take turns changing in the bathroom. We then sit in the booth and start putting our makeup on.

While I put on my mascara I get a text from Finn, 'Our plane lands at 2:20, we should be at the hotel by 3:00'.

'Great, we will see you then.'

1:37 -

I take a seat on the couch and pull out my AirPods and listen to music. Two minutes into a song I look up to see Lily and James sitting next to each other in the booth across from me, shoulders touching. He is showing her something on his phone that made her laugh while they shared AirPods. Both of their cheeks slightly pink.

I smile to myself and close my eyes, resting my head back against the couch.

2:29 -

We arrived in Miami thirty minutes ago and we just dropped off our instruments at the arena we will be performing at in two days. We are now parking in the back of the hotel that is reserved for 'special guest'.

Yeah. This is a very nice hotel.

"Alyce, would you check in our rooms? We can get the luggage." Freddie pointed to himself, Theo, Dean, and James.

"Yeah, sure." I put on my sunglasses and wave to Lily to come with me.

I hate going places alone, especially places where I have to talk to someone. Not because I hate talking to people - I just have social anxiety.

Lily and I place one of our arms over each other's shoulders as we walk towards the main hotel doors and into the lobby.

-

"Okay, so Lily and I are sharing a room. Dean, James, and Theo are sharing a room." I say as I hand everyone their own keycard for their room. "Oh, and Freddie, you have a room all to yourself."