Twenty Five

- Narrators POV -

- August 2nd -

The two started talking more after Alyce called him and wished him a happy birthday.  It has been about two months since Louis and Alyce exchanged numbers. They texted, called, and facetime each other almost every day. It was slightly difficult because they always forgot they are on two different clock times. Luckily for them, it was only a five-hour difference. 

While Alyce walks to her studio around noon when Louis texts her.

-

Louis - Guess what!

Alyce - What?

Louis - ...I said guess

Alyce - No...

Louis - fine. I AM COMING TO NEW YORK SOON

Alyce - WHAT?! WHEN?

Louis - IN A MONTH!!

Alyce - AH for what?

Louis - I have an interview and a photoshoot in the same week so I am probably going to be staying for two weeks at most

Ayce - That's exciting!
We should hang out!

Louis - Oh? As in...?

Alyce - As in..?

Louis - A date, I suppose.

Alyce - Hm, maybe...

Louis - Then yes, we shall hang out

-

Even though Alyce and the Flames just finished the 'Tears of Joy' world tour, they got right back to work. They have already started working on another album. They don't have any songs put together thoroughly yet. They are still experimenting different rhythms and lyrics.

She opens the studio door and walks in to find Theo, James, and Dean all sitting on the couch waiting for her arrival. 

Alyce places her phone in her back pocket with a smile on her face.  She didn't even notice she had a smile on her face the whole time she was texting Louis. 

Dean looked up at her, "Who got you smiling like that?"  This made Theo and James both look up at Alyce.

She shrugged, "No reason.  I just can't wait to get this new album started, that's all."

James smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.  "You're lying," He said in sing-song.

Alyce tried to compose herself and act as if she wasn't just smiling like an idiot a second ago, "I'm not."

"Just stop.  You're so bad at lying it hurts."  Theo commented.

Alyce scrunched her face, "Rude,"

"Oh, I know what it is,"  James said with a smirk on his face.  Alyce rose an eyebrow at him, he continued, "It's the Louis guy, isn't it?" 

Theo looked at me intensely.

"Nope."  Alyce said popping the 'P', while she shook her head.

Theo looked back down on his phone.

James looked behind Alyce towards the doorway.  Alyce turned around and there stood Lily leaning on the doorframe.

James smiled, making color come to his cheeks.

Lily pointed at me, "I want the details."

-

"And so yeah.  He is coming in a month or so and we decided we're gonna hang out."

Alyce explained to Lily what the boys were asking her about.  The two friends walked out of the studio to one of the floors' hallways. 

"Oh yeah, it's definitely a date,"  Lily says as she scrolls through Louis' and Alyce's conversation on Alyce's phone.  "You guys are dry as fuck."

"I know, but I have always been dry at texting, doesn't matter who it is."

"Work on not being one."

Alyce nods dramatically, "Okay, okay, I will."

She smiled, "Good, now let's get back inside." 

And with that, they both walked down the hallway and into the studio room and the band got to work. 

- - -

Another month passed by quickly since Louis informed Alyce that he was coming to New York.  During this month, Louis and Alyce have been talking even more than they did last month, which seemed impossible.  Alyce wasn't going to lie, but she did indeed feel something for the hazel-eyed boy she talked to almost every day.

Finally, the day has come. 

Louis was coming to New York.

Alyce offered to pick Louis up from the airport, he tried to say no but that didn't work out well for him, Alyce was too stubborn.

So here she was, walking into one of the entrance doors of the John F. Kennedy airport. 

Louis had texted her around fifteen minutes ago letting her know that his plane had landed.  Once she got his text, she made her way to the airport.  As soon as she somehow found a parking spot and parked her car, she texted him that she was here and he quickly replied saying he was in terminal eight, grabbing his luggage.  Thankfully, Alyce knew her way around this place.

Alyce found parking near terminal seven, so she has to walk a little ways away, which she didn't care too much about.  

-

Ten minutes later she finally made it to terminal eight. 

There were two luggage pickup locations.  Her gut was telling her to look at the one to the left, but for some stupid reason, she diced to go to the one on the right.  She looked and looked and he wasn't there.

Yup, she should have listened to her gut.

Alyce walked back and headed towards the one she was going to go to first.

She looked, then turned the corner, looked again, and there he was.

Standing tall with a plain white shirt, black shorts, and a bag hanging on his back.

He just found his suitcase and he took it off the treadmill, making his back face Alyce.

She didn't even know how to start the conversation.  Yeah, they talk on facetime and over text, but being in person just isn't the same.  So she decided to just walk over there and see how it goes...

"Need help carrying anything?"  Alyce asked, looking up at the boy she now stood next to.

Louis jumped, "Hell, you scared me!."  He tilted his head back and tried to catch his breath.

Alyce's cheeks burned.

Louis settled his luggage down and pulled Alyce into a hug.

This time, Alyce was the one that was caught off guard.

When they pulled away, Louis held onto both backpack straps and shrugged,  "I think handshakes are too formal."  He looked at Alyce and sent her a smirk.  She smiled.

"Are you hungry?  Cause' I'm hungry."  He asked suddenly as they walked towards the parking lot.

"Now that you've mentioned it, yes I am."

— — —

Thank you for 11k reads!!

It's my birthday :))