Fifteen

Last day of December -

- Narrators POV -

Alyce got back from LA on the 28th - it is now the 31st.  She was going to go back home the day after the party but her mom had no plans, so Alyce stayed a few more days and they spent Christmas together.

Alyce was now in her room taking clothes out of her closet and setting them down on her bed while listening to Lily talk. 

Lily was on the other side of the bed taking off the hangers of the clothes, placing the clothes in one pile and the hangers in another.  "Ah-ha, so I was right."

Alyce rolls her eyes as she takes the pile of clothes that Lily made and started to roll each shirt nice and tight before she placed each inside the suitcase on the end of the bed.  "Yes, you were."

Alyce was packing for the tour.  She had a little over a week, but she was going to be really busy and will have so little time to pack, so she wanted to get it done now.

"Well, how did it go down?  What did you say?"  Lily said as she took all of the hangers and walked to the closet to hang them.

"I tried not to make it awkward."  She shrugged, "I simply just told him I didn't feel the same way - or that I was sorry if I gave him the wrong signals, and then I just hugged him.  After that, I just acted as if nothing happened."

Lily walked back to the other side of the bed and nodded slowly.  Alyce continued, "He said since I don't feel the same way, he wants us just to act as if nothing happened, he didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"Well, that's good; that you both didn't want that to ruin anything.  Hopefully, the tour isn't weird."

"I don't think it will be...I think."

They both then hear a beeping sound.  "Oh, my clothes,"  Alyce says and she walks in the direction of the laundry room. 

There is a knock on the door, "Yes!  The food is here!"  Lily runs towards the door.

-

"Oh, yeah, she was so nice!  She is actually shorter than I thought...—"

"Really?  You're short too though."  Louis laughed.

"Well, she's only two inches shorter than me, but she just gives off tall people vibes." Millie blabbered to Louis - who was on the other side of the phone.

"...What?  How does someone give you 'tall person vibes'?"

"I don't know, I just.. know...—I guess."  Millie let out a light laugh.

Their conversation was interrupted by Finn knocking on Millie's trailer door.  Millie turned her head towards the door, "Come in." Millie slightly yelled.  Louis cringed at how loud her voice was on the phone.

Her door opened slowly to soon reveal Finn.  "Oh, hey, how was your trip?  You just got back?"

The 'Stranger Things' cast had a small break for the holidays, but now they are back to filming.  Millie's family came to visit for dinner one night, Finn  - two days after the party, took a quick flight to Canada to see his family before returning to the set sometime last night.  The rest of the cast did their own thing; visiting family and close friends.

"Hi, yeah I did late last night, but yeah it was good, how about yours?

"It was good, my parents came down for dinner."

"Do you know if Caleb came back yet?"

Millie thought for a moment, "I believe he comes back later today, why?"

"I just have to go over some lines with him before we start filming the next episode,"  Finn replied.

"Is that Finn?" Louis asked - still on the phone that was held against Millie's ear.

"Uh, yeah it is."

Finn sat on the couch and took a few sips of water that was in his hand before giving Millie a look asking 'who is it'.

"Oh, it's Louis... you know, from Enola Holmes,"  Millie replied.

"Ohh yeah, hey Louis."

"Hey, mate."

"He said hi."

Finn slouched into the couch and scrolled on his phone.  Millie could definitely sense something was off.   "Uh, Louis I'm going to have to call you back, is that okay?"

"Yeah, bye Mills."

"Bye."  She hung up and set her phone down and looked at Finn.  "Finn."

He looked up from his phone, "Hm?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"I don't know, you just seem...Distant? I guess."

Finn huffed and stared into nothing before deciding to speak again.  "During the party, I confessed to Alyce that I liked her and she told me she didn't feel the same way."

Millie's eyes go wide and let Finn continue to speak.  "I'm not mad at her of course, but I am frustrated...I'm just glad that she didn't get weirded out or anything."

"Oh, Finn, I am so sorry."  She got up from her chair and sat next to Finn on the couch to comfort him.

"I just hope that the tour isn't weird or anything,"  Finn said.

"I doubt she'll make it weird if she already agreed to act like nothing happen, correct?"

"Yeah," Finn mumbled.

Millie wrapped her arms around him, "Then you have nothing to worry about."  They both smiled.

———

A/N -

What POV would you like to see more of or see for the first time? >>>

- Cadie ♡