Twenty Six

- Louis' POV -

I have been in New York for already two days.

The day I first arrived was wonderful.

Alyce and I went out to eat after she picked me up from the airport. When we finished eating, we both fought over who was going to pay the bill. She threw her hands up and said "Fine, let's split it the, yeah?"

I agreed...Kind of.

When we handed the check to the waitress I excused myself to use the restroom. I did have to go, but on my way there I spotted the same waitress and asked her to just pay the whole bill with my card. She obliged.

I still haven't told Alyce about it, and I don't plan on doing so.

Yesterday was very relaxing. I settled and got situated in my hotel room and because I had nothing else to do, I hung out with Alyce and the flames at their studio for the majority of the day.

I was living the dream.

But today is going to be hectic. 

I woke up at 8:00-ish to get ready for a photoshoot, luckily for me, all I had to do was shower and put casual clothes on.

As soon as I got to the building I was being pulled by people bring me in a different direction, where I am assuming the makeup and hair artists are, based on what I heard over the number of people talking.

As I was being dragged into a room I spotted a food table.

I missed breakfast and I was starving.

I moved my arms and tried to make my way out of the people directing me where to go.  "Eh, sorry,"  I said as I moved past them.  I got some fruit and a pastry that I don't know the name of.  I shrugged and started nibbling on it as I followed the same people in the same direction again.

This time of the year is most magazine companies' busiest time of the year. Why? I don't know, but I do now understand why everyone here is rushing all over the place.

I just wanted this to be over, which is very surprising for me. I am usually very excited about these sorts of events.

But right now I just want to get all this over with and see Alyce again. 

Alyce.

Oh, where do I begin?

She is the prettiest woman I have ever laid my eyes on, and even if I did lay my eyes on every woman in the world, I would still think the same thing... no offense to all the ladies out there.

We have been talking for a couple of months now and I can't seem to get enough.  During those couple of months, we have been getting closer. 

Recently we started to talk about more personal subjects with each other.  I told her how my parents aren't doing well. I've told her about the arguments and the yelling that happen in the house while I'm there. Alyce understood; she let me talk and she listened to everything I had to say. 

She didn't push any questions, just listened. 

She has... kind of opened up to me. Not much. I just thought she didn't trust me enough to talk to me about personal things like I did.

I even asked James about it. He told me that it's normal, especially for Alyce. He continued to telling me that Alyce has a hard time opening up to people, even friends — new or old. This isn't going to be a problem for me.

Not at all. I will wait and I don't care how long.

I will wait for her.

I, of course, want to be way more than friends.  I am planning on asking her the question during our "hang out" date tomorrow night, but I want to ask a friend of mine for some advice first.

The photoshoot continued for another three hours.  It was now 11:15 and I was already exhausted. My phone then started to right.  "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Louis Partridge?"

"This is him."

"Good, good. So, I am very sorry to inform you of this on such short notice but your interview with Jimmy Kimmel, was it? — Is now canceled. Something came up on Jimmy's part — Not your fault at all, but we are hoping you would want to reschedule."

Fantastic.

"So let me get this straight...I fly in from London — A different country, I might add, for this interview and you cancel on me last minute?"

"Yes, Mr. Partridge, we are truly sorry."

I roll my eyes, trying not to be rude to the guy on the phone. It wasn't his fault, I tried to remind myself. "I'm not too sure if I want to reschedule, I'll let you know."

"Great. Let us know as soon as possible. The sooner the better." The man let out a fake laugh. "Bye now."

Then the call was over.

Well, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day. It is still early. I could hang out with Alyce again but I don't want to feel like a burden of some sort. I could just go back to my hotel room and catch up on some sleep. I gasp left my lips once I remembered something I wanted to do before tomorrow night.

-

"My man, what is up?" James said as he pulled me into an embrace before sitting down at a table at a restaurant that he picked out.

"I wanted to ask you for some advice."

"Oh?" James said as he put some chips — or french fries, —the people here call them, in his mouth. "What kind of advice, because you came to the wrong person for advice. Alyce is the one to turn to for advice, maybe Theo, or even Dean, but certainly not me."

I shrugged, "Well, it's about Alyce, and I'm closer to you than Theo and Dean."

James put a hand over his heart, "I'm flattered."

I roll my eyes playfully, "I'm just going to get straight to the point, alright?"

James nodded.

"I want to ask Alyce to be my girlfriend tomorrow night during our —quote—on—quote—date."

"About time! What do you need me for though?"

"Well, you have a girlfriend, don't you? Lily, right?"

James blushed from the sound of her name and smiled, "Yes."

"Well, how did you ask her?"

James burst out laughing. I just blinked, confused.

"I— Okay...", I mumbled.

After James finally calmed down he waved his hand around, "I didn't ask her, Louis, she asked me."

My mouth was now in an 'o' shape, "Oh."

"Yeah, she said I was taking too long to ask her so she did it herself. Alyce will probably do the same if you don't anytime soon."

Reality hit me like a truck. I am going to ask the Alyce Ellison to be my girlfriend tomorrow night — that is if I go through with it and not back away.

Hmm, I never thought this day would come.

_

_

_