Thirty Six

May -

Alyce's POV

Holy shit

This place is gorgeous!

At the moment, I am looking out the window of the car at beautiful Yorkshire, where Enola Holmes 2 is currently being filmed.

Louis knew that I needed a break, so he brought me here.

I become more grateful for him every day, and the more I am with him, the more in love I become, which, in all honestly, I didn't think was possible.

I honestly didn't think I could be this happy with someone after Jack, but Louis proved me wrong.

People might say that we haven't been together long enough to know if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Louis, but I do

I really do.

A warm, soft hand touches my thigh which brings me out of my thoughts. I turn away from the window to see Louis looking at me with a small smile on his face.

"What are you thinking about, my love?" His thumb rubs small circles on my thigh.

"I'm just happy you brought me here". My smile grows, and I'm excited to see you on set as Lord Tewksbury." I let out a small laugh while Louis shakes his head with a small smirk.

"Oh yeah? If I remember correctly, you thought Tewkesbury was...cute, am I right? Or am I remembering the whole Jimmy Fallon interview completely wrong? I believe James called you out, was it?" He grins as he watches my reaction.

I roll my eyes with a scoff and playfully nudge his shoulder. "Shut up."

Louis throws his hands up in the air in defense, "Yes, Ma'am"

I physically melted right then and there.

"Just to let you know...When I watched that interview the night it aired, I couldn't fall asleep thinking about that moment when James exposed you. I am not lying to you, I was giggling like a schoolboy." Louis says with all seriousness and a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

I looked at him in complete shock. "Oh my god, seriously?" I move over to squish his cheeks with my hands just to annoy him, "Aww thats so adorable." I said with a voice I normally use when I talk to puppies.

Louis seems to enjoy the attention for a very small amount of time until something clicks and he swats my hands away, saying "Shut up" while I let out a laugh.

The car finally came to a complete stop, indicating that we made it to our destination.

I kissed Louis softly on the cheek before opening my door. Louis grabs my hand, yanking me back before I can step out of the car, pulling me to him as his mouth finds mine.

He then pulls back as if nothing happened, and exits the car without saying a word, leaving me sitting in the car completely stunned, giving Louis enough time to go around the car to my side offering me his hand.

I smiled up at him and took it. Once I was fully out of the car, I stretched my legs because we were in the car for a good hour and forty-five minutes.

"This fresh air is hurting my nose". I point out

Louis laughs, "Yes, because you live in New York"

"True". I fixed my dress before taking Louis' hand that he yet again offered me as he led the way to what Im assuming his trailer.

I was soon proven wrong once Millie opened the trailer door and smiled so brightly at the two of us walking towards her.

I broke free from Louis' grasp and hugged Millie tightly "Millie! I missed you so much!"

"Me too, I'm so glad Louis brought you here!"

"Same, I didn't know how desperately I needed a break from the big city until now," I say with a small smile on my face. I really didn't. Don't get me wrong, I love New York, but this is what I needed. We were so inland from the city that it made me think we transported to another world. We were just in the middle of a huge chunk of land and I loved it.

"Well, Louis made sure to get most of his scenes out the way before you came here so he can probably show you around the small villages and stuff, they're not too far from here..." Her eyes move to Louis for confirmation but when he doesn't answer she clears her throat, "Right, Louis?"

Louis looks up from his phone and stuffs it in one of his pockets in his black coat. "Yes, of course, that is if you want to." Louis looks at me patiently for an answer, some kind of weird emotion in his eyes.

"That sounds perfect!" I exclaim. I wonder what that is about...Ill ask him about it later.

"Okay Yay! I—" Millie is interrupted when her phone starts ringing. She looks at the contact and rolls her eyes. She looks back at us, "Ill talk to you guys later, I have to take this." She says as she heads back up the small stairs to her trailer and shuts the door.

I let out a sigh and turn to Louis who is back on his phone again. "Hey, is everything okay?" I ask.

I don't want to sound like that person or seem needy or whatever, if that makes sense; but Louis is hardly on his phone, especially when we're together so I really hope everything is okay...

With a shake of his head he puts his phone away in his pocket once again, walks towards me and grabs my arms. He leans down and gives me a kiss on my forehead. He then looks down at me with a smile. "Everything is fine, just some family stuff, nothing to worry about."

"Oh, okay. Do you want to talk about it?" I don't want to pressure him into telling me something he doesn't want to, but I want him to be comfortable telling me anything, and I want him to know that he can tell me anything.

"No, everything is okay, believe me." He gives me a reassuring smile, a smile in which I don't believe for a second. "What do you want to do for the remainder of the day?"

"Hm, I think you should give me a tour of the whole set and your trailer because I have never been in yours before."

He lets out a laugh, "Okay, we can make that happen, darling"

I hold his hand in mine as we walk, "Good."

_

_

_

A/N

Woah did I just update? I did...I know that's pretty crazy

Im in college now yall... this is weird

anyways I FEEL SO BAD FOR LIKE NEVER UPDATING YOU HAVE NO IDEA

but just know that I fr do not plan on just leaving the story without an ending cause ew no I hate that

I will give this story an official ending I PROMISE

I hope yall are doing well!

and pls dont be afraid to comment or whatever I love reading them haha

- Cadie <3