Twelve

December -

- Alyce's POV -

At exactly 6:00 a.m my alarm goes off.  I quickly press snooze and groan into my pillow. 

I have my flight to LA at 10:00 am today and I still had to pack a few things - not to mention getting ready and driving through New York traffic to the airport.

I throw the comforter off my body and slowly get out of bed.  I sit at the edge of my bed, yawn, and rub my face. 

I step into my kitchen and put together a bowl of cereal. 

After I was done, I placed my dirty dishes in the sink and walked back to my bedroom, and made my bed.

I didn't make my bed that often - unless people were coming over or before I go traveling.

Once I finished I turn on my shower playlist and took a shower. 

I put on some makeup, brushed my hair and teeth, and soon got dressed in some black joggers, a beetles band shirt, and a hoodie to complete the outfit. 

I opened my suitcase and packed the rest of my toiletries and closed it back up.

I check the time, 7:43

I rolled my suitcase to the front door and put on some shoes.  I grabbed my house keys, purse, and suitcase and walked out the door - closing and locking the door behind me.

As soon as I step outside my apartment my bodyguards greet me and take my suitcase and place it in the back of the car as I step into the backseat.

The car soon starts and I am on my way to the airport.

-

It is now 8:31. 

Traffic was terrible - as always.

I get out of the car and one of my bodyguards takes my suitcase and begins to walk towards the entrance of the airport.  "No, no, it's okay, I can carry it."  I then take my suitcase from his hands and begin walking inside.

It was now 9:37, and I have already been through the security check, dropped off my luggage and got a few snacks.  I also ran into a few supporters.

I was now sitting down, waiting for my flight to start boarding, I had about twenty minutes before we had to.

New York is ahead of LA by three hours.  The flight is around 3 1/2 hours long.  By the time I arrive In LA it will be 1:30 P.M Eastern time, and 7:30 A.M Pacific time.

Finn offered to pick me up at the airport, but I declined and told him that my mother will be there to pick me up. 

"Flight 322B is now boarding" 

My eyes widen and I quickly text my mom that I am boarding and that I will see her soon.  I then stand up and walk towards the boarding station.  I wait in line, hand them my ticket, and board.

I was very excited, but nervous at the same time.  I hated plane rides - kinda.

Whenever the band and I did tours we used a tour bus to get to our shows.  But now we are doing a world tour, so I have to get used to planes. It shouldn't be a big deal - Maybe I could fall asleep.

-

Yeah, no.  I can't sleep on a flight. 

The plane landed 25 minutes ago and I am now looking for my luggage.

I couldn't wait to see my mom.  She is a businesswoman and travels a lot so I don't get to see her often. Just then I hear a lady call my name, "Alyce!"

I turn around - not realizing my suitcase passing by on the carousel, and I see my mom standing not too far away with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

A wide smile crosses my face and we both walk up to each other and I give her a huge hug.  My mother - Monica, soon returned the hug, giving me a tight squeeze. "Hi, Ali."

"Hi mom," I squeeze her tighter and she rubs circles on my back. 

"Rough six months huh?" My mom frowns.  Yup, I haven't seen her in six months.  Other than face-timing her.

I sigh and pull away, "Yeah, but the good stuff makes up for it."

She smiles, "Well, these are for you," She hands me the bouquet of flowers she was holding.  "To congratulate you on the new album release and the world tour coming up."

"Thank you,"  I smile, then my eyes widen, "Oh shit, my suitcase!"  I then walk back to the luggage drop-off.

"Language!"  My mother says as she shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

I grab my stuff and walk back to her side.  "Sorry."

-

As soon as I step into my mom's house I run to my room and collapsed on my bed.  "Ugh, I've missed this room."

"Alyce, get your bag."

"Oh, sorry."  I get up and look around the living room, "Oh, you decorated!"

"I know!  I'm surprised I had the time.  Are you hungry at all?  Did you eat before or on the plane?"

"No, I ate on the plane.  Thank you though."  I say as I bring my suitcase to my room and lift it onto my bed.

"Are you excited about the party tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, I haven't been to a party in a while."

The rest of the day we just spent time together and caught up with drama happening in our lives.  My mom got In N Out delivered to our house for dinner.  We looked through Netflix for a movie to watch, but we found nothing so we decided to go to bed.

———

A/N -

Just a filler chapter, kinda. We got introduced to the mother though!

Anyways, the party will be next chapter ;)

- Cadie♡