Twenty Seven

September 6th -

- Narrators POV -

Louis stood in front of the bathroom mirror in his hotel room, running his fingers through his damp hair. He got out of the shower not too long ago and since then, he'd been going through his whole suitcase looking for a perfect outfit for dinner.

His hands soon went down to adjust the golden chain dangling around his neck that rested on his black sweater. He then sprayed cologne on the pulse points of his wrist and neck and headed out the door. He stood on the sidewalk outside the hotel he is staying at and waved to get a taxi.

-

Alyce stood in front of her makeup mirror in her bathroom, fixing up some uneven lines of the light shade of red lipstick on her lips.

She washed her hands to get off any lipstick residue before she fixed the collar of her white button-up shirt. She puts small gold hoop earrings on and adds one gold ring on each hand. One on her middle finger on the left, and one on her ring finger on the right. She then sprayed some squirts of perfume, grabbed her bag, and walked out the door.

Alyce suggested picking up Louis herself or meet each other at the restaurant, but no. Louis insisted that he was the one who picked her up from her apartment.

When she walked down the stairs of the building and out the glass doors that led outside, and that is when she saw him.

There he was, standing in front of the backseat door of...a taxi. When he saw her, he opened the door and motioned for her to go inside. They both smiled at each other before she crouched down and stepped into the car.

It was difficult to detect who was more nervous tonight.

The first five minutes of the ride to the restaurant were quiet. They didn't talk and Alyce thought it was the funniest thing in the world. After five minutes of silence between the two, she started laughing. Louis looked at her, confused, but couldn't help but crack a smile at the laughing girl next to him.

"What is so funny?" Louis asked, chucking a little between words.

Alyce put a hand to her chest and tried to slow down her breathing. "I'm sorry, we were just being so quiet—and nobody was saying anything and—" Alyce closed her lips into a line and breathed slowly through her nose. She closed her eyes and released the breath from her mouth. She then looked at him and smiled, "Okay—I'm sorry, now I am done."

"Why are you sorry for laughing?"

"Well because I started laughing for no reason and you looked confused—" She stopped and looked up as if she is thinking about something. "You know what? I'm not sorry for laughing, I'm sorry that I made you confused about why I was laughing."

Louis looked even more confused, "What?"

"You know what? Don't listen to me, it's just nerves." She smiled and looked out the window, but Louis' eyes never left her.

Louis took this opportunity and smirked, "Nerves? "

"Yup." She said, still looking out the window, hiding her smile.

"And what are you nervous about?" He taunted and reached to move a strand of hair away from her face, and just when he was about to move her hair, the taxi stopped and the driver announced that they were at their destination and the amount of money the ride was.

Alyce started to open her door until Louis stopped her, "No, wait." She closed the door while Louis got out of the car, paid the driver, made his way to her side of the car, and opened the door for her. He held out his hand for the girl to take. She rolled her eyes playfully with a smile on her face, she then took his hand and stepped out of the car.