Eleven

December -

- Alyce's POV -

"Okay so what kind of party is it? Casual? Formal?" Lily asked as we looked through my closet for something to wear for the party.

Yes, I know the party isn't until three more weeks, but I love to be prepared. What if I don't find anything I want to wear for the party in my closet - I'll have time to find something else - something new.

"Finn wasn't very specific in the details, so I guess casual. I don't wanna overdress just in case."

Lily laughed, shook her head, and turned from the clothing to look at me, "You're Alyce Ellison, you can dress up as if you're going to the Grammys, but show up at Target, and people would still adore you"

I nudge her shoulder and laughed, "Still, I'm gonna dress casually."

Lily nods, "Okay, well what are you gonna wear? A dress?" She gasps, "A suit!"

My eyes lit up, "Oh my gosh, Yes!"

After 45 minutes of raging through my closet, we finally gave up and decided we had to call my fashion designer to help us out.

-

The designer left around 20 minutes ago and he gave us a sketch of what he was thinking. Lily was a bit skeptical with the design but I told her to trust the process, knowing he is the best designer I knew.

"The band wants to get dinner right now, wanna come?" I ask lily as I am in the process of responding to the band's group chat.

"Will James be there?"

I laugh, "He is a part of the band is he not?"

Lily smirks and nods her head.

"Okay, I just let them know we are on our way, let's go," I say as I grab my purse and my keys and head towards the front door. Lily grabs her purse as well and follows me out of my apartment.

-

"Did Dean pick the restaurant?" Lily said as we stopped in front of the building.

"Either him or James," we both laugh as we walk inside the restaurant that had bold colorful letters saying 'The Rainforest Cafe'.

As soon as we walked in, our ears were filled with the sounds of wildlife. The lighting was dim and the scenery was filled with plants and animatronic animals.

My eyes wander to try and find the group of boys. I see Dean wave to us and we then walked to them.

"Hey, look who's here," Dean says.

The table was big enough for six people - there were five of us. James sat on the booth side while Dean and Theo sat on the chairside. There were two open seats next to James and one next to Theo

Lily makes her way to sit next to Theo - too nervous to take the seat next to James.

Before she sits down I say, "Can I sit here? I like looking at the view from here?"

Lily's eyes widen and she nods slowly and takes a seat next to James. Theo and I look at each other and grin, while Dean just sits there, oblivious as always.

"Sorry we're a bit late, maybe if you didn't choose a restaurant across the damn city we would be here faster," I say as I take a seat next to Theo.

"Hey, I just really wanted to go here," James says. Lily and I both laugh.

"What did I say? It was either James or Dean who picked this place." I say to Lily.

"What about me? What if I actually picked this place out." Theo teases.

"We both knew it wasn't you because you're too mature, and being the lazy one you are, you would have chosen a restaurant that was probably right across from your house," I say and everyone at the table laughs. Theo rolls his eyes playfully and chuckles - because he knows I'm right.

The waitress - who keeps flirting with James, soon comes around to order our drinks and food.

I can tell Lily is slightly tensed from the waitress's behavior towards James. Once we tell the waitress what we want, she takes our menus off from our table and leaves - but not before giving James a wink.

I roll my eyes and start laughing. Everyone else joins in too.

"I feel so bad for laughing, but she is trying too hard, man," Dean says through his laugh. Deans comment makes us laugh even harder.

Once the laughter dies down, James rests his back against the seat and places his arm on top of the cushion - over Lily's shoulders.

Lily's face flushes red at Jame's act.

I smirk.

James then shrugs and sighs, "Eh, she isn't my type anyway."

Theo then starts playing dumb, "Oh? What is your type then?"

I can see how Lily's head rises up to listen in more of the conversation. James smirks and opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by two staff members coming over to our table holding trays of food in their hands. I roll my eyes at their bad timing.

As we were eating, we talked about how excited we are about the tour starting in a month. I also tell them about the party I am attending with Finn.

Once we were done eating, I offered to pay for everyone's meal, but Theo being the gentleman he is, beat me to the check.

We all walked outside the restaurant and said our goodbyes. Everyone gives Lily a hug and tells her it was nice having her hang out with us again, and how excited they are to see more of her during the tour. I was scrolling through Instagram while they said their goodbyes to Lily when Theo nudged my shoulder. I looked up at him, confused, then he moved his head gesturing me to look a certain way.

I followed his gaze to find James and Lily hugging, - which was normal. But then James kisses the top of her head and mutters 'goodnight'.

———

A/N -

Either the next chapter or the one after that will be the holiday party!

- Cadie ♡