Thirty

January

- Alyce's POV -

"You know, I'm gonna be honest with you, Jimmy, sometimes I get nervous whenever I'm on your show because I'm always scared of the questions you're gonna ask."  My eyes roam to where he sits, a black leather chair behind his brown wooden desk.

Jimmy squinted his eyes and shook his head, trying to hide the small smirk forming on his face.  "I don't know what you're talking about.  You shouldn't be scared of the questions I ask."

I look ahead of me at the audience with a yeah right look on my face, my lips forming in a straight line.  The audience laughs at my expression.  I look back at him, "I'm scared of anything that comes out of your mouth, Jimmy."

Jimmy laughs and once he finally sobers up he looks at me with a smile on his face.  "It's always a pleasure to have you on the show, Alyce."

I return the smile, "Pleasure is all mine."

Jimmy leans back in his chair, "So, how's life been? I haven't seen you in so long, how long has it been?"

"Life has been treating me really well, actually." I nod and my eyes widen, "I think it's been a little more than a year since I've last been here."

He widens his eyes as he sits up straight, "More than a year, already?" He lifts up his dark blue coffee cup and takes a small sip.

I straighten the black leather blazer that rest on my shoulders, "Yes, I believe so because I came on here with the whole band when the world tour was announced."

He sets his cup back down on his desk and looks at me, "A year? I can't believe it."

I raise my eyebrows in an understanding, "oh, I know. It doesn't seem like a year ago to be honest. But how are you, Jimmy?"

"Oh, I'm great, thank you for asking." He looks at me with a knowing look.

I readjust in my seat and sit up straight, "Oh no." The audience chuckles.

"Don't worry, we'll start simple."

I playfully roll my eyes as I wait for the first question.

"So, how are you and Louis?"

A smile forms on my face just from the sound of his name. We have been dating for five months now and even though it might not seem like a long time, it's been the best five months of my life. The last time I saw him in person was two months ago. He left for London to film a new T.V series, Pistol.

"We're doing good." I keep it short and simple, I don't really like talking about my personal love life to the world...

"I'm glad. I hope he's treating you right, hm?" He gives me a stern look; a look that a father would give. A look that I have seen so many times in the past few months. Freddy always asks the same question with the same look. Same with Finn, Dean, and James. Theo gives me a different look...a look which I can never place.

I laugh, "Yes, he is treating me perfectly fine."

"Good."  He relaxes in his chair, "He's not in New York, is he?"

"No, he went back to London for filming."

Jimmy nods in understanding.  "So, many people are wanting to know..." I nod for him to continue. "Is the band thinking of releasing a new album anytime soon, and if so, when?"

I try to cover up my smirk, "Ah well, I can confirm that a new album will be released very soon, but unfortunately I can't say when...yet."  The audience and cheers and this one guy whistles.

"Well that is good to hear. Anything that you guys release always tends to exceed my expectations for music."

I give him a weird look, "really? You do know we're just a bunch of teenagers right? And we exceed your standards of music...? Impossible."

"I never lie." I give him another one of my looks and he continues on. "Do you think about ever going solo?"

I'm caught off guard, "Solo?"

"Mmhm"

"You know, I've never thought about it, if I'm being honest with you."

"Okay well how about now? Would you?"

"I—"

Would I? I don't think I would. Alyce and the flames means everything to me...

"I don't think I would. I honestly can't bare the thought of me or anyone else in the band leaving to go solo or to leave in general." I reply.

"So you don't think Alyce and the Flames will split up?" Jimmy asks.

I let out a nervous laugh, "I was not expecting these types of questions today, Jimmy, sorry."

Is it hot in here? My hands are getting clammy. I shake my hands as an attempt to cool off.

"I don't believe we will, Jimmy. We all have been friends for a long time and over the years those relationships have gotten stronger." I falter with my next words, "If the band were to ever break up, it would be over an unspeakable fight— that's honestly the only reason I can come up with that would break us up; a fight."

"So it would have to be over a really big fight?" Jimmy questions.

"Yeah, but whenever we do fight, we always get over it or resolve it."

"So it will never happen?" Jimmy smiles.

"It will never happen." I confirm. "Well unless we're really old and just can't perform anymore." I joke and the audience laughs and cheers.

— — —

A/N -

Omg did I actually just update for the first time in forever...? Yes I did.

This chapter isn't edited yet soo bare with the mistakes for now, sorry and thank you.

I think I'm back...?? Don't hold that against me... cause if I say I'm back... I disappear for months... lol

Anyways... hope y'all are doing well.. I'm sorry for not updating!

I got my drivers license last week... literally

Cadie <3