Sixteen

January -

- Alyce's POV -

"I'm here, I'm here!" I hear Lily yell as she was running towards us, suitcase in hand and her backpack hanging off one side of her shoulder.

We are packing up the tour bus for our first show that was in three days. Because this is a world tour, our show dates are closer together - meaning we will only be driving to shows that are on the east coast, and the rest by flights because we still like a little adventure.

It is 6:00 am and the drive to Miami from New York City was about 18 hours without any stops.

James takes Lily's suitcase and carefully places it into the storage department on the bottom of the bus. "Oh, thank you." She smiles.

"Finally you're here, we're leaving in 10 minutes." Dean grunts and walks inside the bus.

I roll my eyes and look at Lily, "Don't mind him, he's just a bit stressed." Lily raised her eyebrows, "But that still doesn't give him the right to act like a dick." I say loud enough for Dean to hear. I then nudge Lily to follow Dean inside.

As soon as we entered the bus, we are greeted by Theo's father. "Hey, this is Lily, I think you've met her once or twice a while ago." 

"It's good to see you again Mr. Martin."  Lily stuck her hand for him to shake.

He shook her hand, "Please, call me Freddie." He said with a strong Italian accent.

Freddie - short for Frederico.  I've called him that ever since I became friends with Theo, after a while everyone else in the band did the same - except Theo of course.

Behind the driver's seat was a closet and behind the closet was a small compartment that held a small restroom. Against the tan walls, and behind the bathroom was a black couch, across from it were more couches and booths.

I gestured to Lily to walk further down the closed hallway.   "Here is where we will sleep until we arrive, which should only be one night if we're on schedule.  The rest of the nights we will spend in a hotel"  There were four bunkbeds - six beds total.  "Here's yours, you can choose top or bottom bunk." Past the beds, further down the hall, was a small kitchen.  There were two cabinets, a microwave, and a mini-fridge.

Lily takes her backpack off and throws it on the bottom bunk and takes a seat.  "I'll choose the bottom, it's easier to get in and out of." 

Theo and James soon walk on the bus.  "Everything set?"  I ask.

"Yup!  We're good to go."  Theo says and takes a seat on the couch near Dean.

I clapped my hands and cheered.  "Yay!"  I walked over to the driver's seat where Fredrico was sitting to tell him the driving plan.  "Hey, Freddie."

"What's the plan, Alyce?"  He turned to me and asked.

I chuckled, "Wow, you know me so well."  I clap my hands together,  "Okay, so we're gonna want to make as few stops as possible.  Also, It's a long drive, so all of us were thinking"  I gestured towards the band, "that we can take turns driving whenever you get too tired or hungry or just want to rest.  And I think that's it...  I'll think more of the plan later but we're not traveling across the country this time so I'm not worried."

He laughed, "Okay, good plan.  I will also like to take that offer on switching drivers."

I was surprised, not gonna lie.  He was a stubborn man.  "Okay, great.  Thank you for being our driver..again."

"Of course."

I knew he loved coming along, he once told me that it makes him feel young again - even though the man is in his late 30's.

"Okay, let's hit the road!"

-

We just arrived in Virginia and it 3:42 pm.  During the nine to ten-hour drive, we made a few stops at some resting areas to get snacks or get lunch.

I want to at least get to South Carolina today.  I walked up to Freddie and told him to get off the next exit that had a resting area.

Ten minutes later we parked in the resting area's parking lot - taking up 2-3 spaces.  We all got out of the bus to stretch our legs, and to just be outside for a moment before we get back on the road again. 

Another ten minutes later we get back on the bus and Mr. Martin sits in the driver's seat.  "Freddie, let me drive, you've driven for nine hours, rest yeah?"

"Okay, but who's going to take over?"

I smiled, "I can, it's alright."

He shakes his head.  "No, I'm not going to make you drive."

I let out a light laugh, "I'm offering."

He narrows his eyes, "Theo!"

Theo pokes his head out from the kitchen and watches his father gesture him to come here.

"Could you take my place and drive the rest of the way to South Carolina?"

My eyes go wide, "What? No, -"

Theo shrugs, "Sure."

Freddie smiles, "Great."  And with that, he gets up and goes to the kitchen, and grabs a snack.

I turn to Theo.  "I can drive, you know?"

"Yeah, but fathers orders,"  he smirked.

I roll my eyes.  "Fine.  Thank you."  I took a seat next to Lily on the couch.

He nodded and sat in the driver's seat.

-

We are now in North Carolina.  One more state to go and we are done driving for the day.

Lily and I were sitting down on the couch and talking.  "So when and where are we meeting Calpurnia?"  Lily asked.

"Oh, they will meet us at the hotel in Miami tomorrow night.  I don't know exactly what time.  Finn will text me tomorrow."  I answered as I wrote notes in one of my notebooks.

Lily nodded.  "Are you writing new songs already?  You guys just released an album."

"I just take notes - feelings, actions, even the scenery, and soon, maybe, it will turn into a song.  The boys do the same."

"Has James written any songs?" 

I thought for a moment.  "I think...He usually just helps out everyone else with their music, he never really focuses on his own."

Lily nodded slowly.

———

A/N -

BTW I just realized that Lily's love interest is James - haha Lily and James Potter! (iykyk) - haha I didn't plan that.

!!! I do not plan on discontinuing this story, just making myself clear !!!

Anywaysss... byee

- Cadie ♡