Chapter 1 (EDITED)

Author's Note

This is my very first book.
I promise I will give my best and update regularly. I hope you guys will enjoy the book and also get attached to the characters. Any corrections or constructive criticisms are always welcomed.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and a huge support is expected.

Thank You.

CAMILA

A new day. Sounds Exciting??

Well not exactly to me but when I say, a new day in a new city and the first day of a new job, well that is something.

Hello! I am Camila Walker and I have recently shifted from London to Paris for my new job. I am an orphan and all my life I have worked my ass off to be here and earn the scholarships for my studies. I have been appointed as the Business Analysts in 'Smith and Co. which is the NO.1 Company in Europe.

This is the first day of my first job. I don't want to be late so I woke up as soon as the alarm rang, took a nice warm shower, and wrapped myself in a towel. Now Now...

What should I wear!..... It's something, I am really bad at figuring out but it's not like I have lots of options. So I quickly slipped into a white shirt and black pants. You can't go wrong with black and white. Tied my hair into a 'French' braid because I am in Paris !!

Lame Joke...

I had my breakfast and then took a cab to the 'Smith and co.' building. It was a 50 storey building or maybe more. Exactly 8:50 am Hah! I am 10mins earlier.

I stepped inside and greeted the receptionist "Good Morning. I am Camila Walker the new Business Analysts"

She had blonde hair and blues eyes and a huge smile plastered on her face. She said "Oh yes. Mr. Alex Smith the CEO wants to meet you as you are the new recruit. Please take a left on the 15th floor and he will guide you further." I thanked her and headed towards the CEO's office.

Soon I was standing in front of the office. I was anxious but I have worked hard and I am excellent at what I do so I am going to do well here.

I knocked and a faint "come in" came in reply.

I went inside and saw a man with muscular body brown hair and dark brown eyes he must be in his late thirties. 

I introduced myself to him. Though I was nervous, I did my best to pretend being confident. Cause, fake it till you make it. 

He looked at me with a decent smile and said, "Good Morning. I am the CEO, Alex Smith. Nice to meet you. I saw your resume. You have an amazing graph if I talk about your performance in academics. So, I hope you will give your 100% for the betterment of the company. We never settle for anything else than the finest. Remember this is the NO.1 Company in entire Europe"

"Of course sir. This is my first job after all. I will give my best.''

"Good spirit. Come I will show you your cubicle.'' He said rising from his chair.

We went to my cubicle which looked pretty good; I just have to add a little personal touch which will make me more contented while working. Also being so far away from home for the first time feels a little upset. 

"Well this is your cubicle. I hope you like it you will be sharing your work with another companion of yours who will inform you further about your work as he has been working here for the last 6 months. I can see he is late again." Alex said looking at his watch.

And that's exactly when I saw him. 

****************************************

Thanks a Lot For Reading.
Comment down about what you think of this chapter or any mistakes.

See you with the next chapter.
-Love Yaa