Chapter 3: Canceling

January 2nd, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.~

Dixies POV: I was now getting prepared for Noah. I mean the only things he wants is sex again, right? I had absolutely no plans on making small talk, nor staying over again. I had already done enough but just showing that I was vulnerable, and seduced by him, his voice, his body up against mine.

Fuck! I'm doing it again. I barley know this man and I can't control myself around him. But that's the thing, I have to.

Should I just cancel?

*end of Dixies POV*

Of course Dixie would think this. After pushing everyone away and leaving everything behind, she obviously wasn't going to let some person she met at a bar change that.

But eventually after that thought she decided to not go. Yes. She did agree to it. But it was too much. She moved to Washington for one reason, to escape the toxic environment that she used to be in. Her getting 'to know someone' wasn't something she planned on doing, at least not yet.

When she was diagnosed she used to feel like everyone would look at her. No one saw a strong independent women, they saw a sick one, who couldn't take care of herself. Everyone who saw her immediately put her in such low expectations.

Not only did everyone know she was sick, they knew everything about it. It was partially because of her parents. When her parents got their hands on information it would spread faster than rumors on the internet.

Everyone knowing made her think so low of herself. She stopped eating, started cutting herself out of boredom. Not only that but she was being used. She had a boyfriend when she got diagnosed, his name was Adam. On the outside everyone looked at him like the perfect boyfriend, but only if you knew how she was actually treated by him.

He made fun of her for being sick. He knew that whatever he wanted, he would get, also because he knew she was too weak to fight back from anything she didn't want.

Her feeling weak and desperate was the other reason she moved. Knowing that everyone knew her weaknesses and how to get under her skin irritated her more than anything. So when she stopped her treatment she got as far away as possible, hoping that no one would follow her.

January 2nd, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.~

After canceling the plans Dixie kinda felt bad. Not enough to come back to his place but enough to needed to be lightened up a bit. She decided to go out tonight. Since she was unemployed, going out every night, even on weekday, didn't mean much to her.

She decided to go to the same bar she had last night. She liked the look of it, and let's just say, the price for the drinks were wayyy better than the other ones she had gone to. She obviously didn't know Noah's scheduled since she thought he was kinda similar to him. Assuming that he wouldn't come back.

She was really wrong though. And she would soon notice that.

Noah's POV: she canceled. I had a feeling she would, just based off of her behavior earlier today but It didn't worry me to much. I was kinda hurt. It's not like I planned on doing too much. Buttt, I did enjoy her company last night. I was hoping to maybe enjoy it a bit more.

I needed to get some heat off. I only had a few more days until I needed to start my new job. I had gotten an offer to be an assistant. It I weird l, but it pays good, and let's just say, I need it.

I needed to celebrate a bit. I've been jobless since I moved her me and money has been hard. I can barley pay for my apartment, and well, I kinda need it.

So obviously I go where I always go. I had no plans on hooking up, but if I saw someone who caught my eye, I wouldn't mind, since Dixie did blow me off.

I walked in, scanning the room, looking where I would go sit. Until I saw someone familiar. Those eyes, the ones that started this whole new me thing last night. The eyes that caught my eye the same they did last night.

It was Dixie. And now she was wearing an even more compelling and sexier outfit than last night. I was honestly really hurt. She bailed on me, and came here instead. So obviously I wasn't going to let this slide. I don't ask for 2nd night, and I did, she said yes, then canceled. So I was going to ask why.

I made my way down to where she was. She was sitting in the same spot as she was last night. I could already see her picking out a her people that she cold bring home.

For some reason that made me furious. I could give her a better time than any other person in this room. I knew it, and she knew it. I knew she knew it based of the spark I felt her her earlier today. I made her go crazy, maybe that's why she didn't come. Maybe she was afraid, or was she?

I quickly scattered to the seat next to hers trying to not made in obvious. She was tuned around so she couldn't see me anyways but I was quick with my movements in case she could feel that someone was behind her.

After realizing that she didn't acknowledge my presence I slowly moved my hands around her waist, dragging it lightly so that she would turn slightly towards me. I pulled her close to me, only being a very few inches apart and moved my head slowly to her ear. Slowly placing a soft kiss that seemed to startle her and asked her "so, why'd you cancel?"

This chapter literally sucks but whatever. I was having huge writers block so please don't judge lol. Anyways I guess I left y'all on a little cliffhanger lmao. Okay bye love you guys❤️

Also if I'm feeling generous I might update again tonight. But we'll see 😆
Word count: 1049