Chapter 14: Parents

Noah's POV: "Good morning." I woke up feeling Dixie place a lingering kiss on my cheek. I've found that waking up with her, seeing her beautiful face, is a great starts that my day. "Good morning." I kissed her lips, not even caring about the morning breath.

We weren't a couple, but sometimes kissing her was all I needed. Sometimes feeling her lips on mine was all I craved in a moment. "Darling! We're here." A heard a familiar voice. My mother.

"I'll be out soon!" I didn't expect her to be here. "Who's that?" Dixie whispered, shaken up by the fact someone just walked into my apartment. I never told Dixie about my parents. It was too much for me to say, and for her to handle.

"My mother." I looked at her before shooting out if my bed, throwing on some sweatpants. Dixie got up as well, putting on her clothes. "You can stay in here if you want. I won't be long." I looked up at her. I wasn't even entirely sure if I wanted her to meet my mother.

"Nonsense. I want to meet the woman who have birth to you." She flashed me a quick smile before running to the bathroom and brushing her hair quickly. We both brushed our teeth before walking out of my bedroom.

"There you are!" My mother ran up to me, wrapping her arms around my body. She was the only other person I let hug me other than Dixie. "Hi mom." I looked up from her and saw my father.

My fucking father.

"What is he doing here." I whispered to my mother. Me and my father haven't spoken in years. Him being here, in my apartment, was not something I wanted. Or needed. "Behave." Was the last thing my mother said to me before letting go and turning to Dixie.

I could tell Dixie was nervous. She was fidgeting with her hands like she typically does when she doesn't know what to do in a situation. "Who is she?" My mother turned to me, confused.

She knew that I wasn't a very committed guy. Not after my last relationship that went to shit. "She m-" Before I could get another word out, I was interrupted. "I'm his girlfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The words were a shock to me, and to Dixie. I could tell by the look on her face. "Noah! Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend. Especially one this beautiful." She flashed a quick smile towards Dixie before focusing all her attention on me.

"I wanted to take my time with her." Her face lit up with excitement. "Should I believe you or not?" She looked at me once again. Clearly I could tell that she didn't know whether I was lying to her or not. Not before someone decided to speak up.

"He's probably lying darling. You know he can never commit." My father spit out. The words brought me to a sudden anger. An anger to prove him wrong. I wanted him to see that I was not the man he always saw me as. But as someone who he was not worthy of seeing.

And so I walked up do Dixie, grabbing her cheeks and kissing her. She froze for a second, before kissing me back. Somehow, I could tell she knew she needed to play along. Even without me telling her.

The kiss lasted a total of about 10 second before pulling apart, pressing out for heads together. "I love you." Her eyes showed me confusion and shock. I couldn't blame her. I just told her I loved her. But I know that part of her knee she needed to say it back. For me.

"I love you more." She smiles before kissing my cheek once again. I know this moment wasn't sincere. It was to put on a show for my parents. But part of me wanted to believe that what we just told each other was true. So I did.

"Ahh! Tim, he's actually is. My baby boy finally found love." My mother exclaimed, jumping up and down. I laughed. So did Dixie. I could tell part of her was enjoying our little moment as well.

It was good to know that it wasn't only me who felt something.

"I'm going to make something for us to eat. To celebrate!" My mother ran to my kitchen, looking around to see what she could prepare. My father on the other hand sat down at the table, not daring the say another word.

I loved proving him wrong. I was never the man he pinned me out to be. I was always so much better. I am not the monster that he is. I don't care what he wants to believe, I know me. And I know the person that I am.

I couldn't give two shits about him or his stupid ass opinions.

---

"So. How'd you like my mother?" I asked Dixie playing with a strand of her hair, and she laid of my chest. Moments like these I never wanted to let her leave. I could stay like this forever. With her.

"She was amazing! I fucking love her." She looked up into my eyes. Her face showed happiness. Something that I've been seeing very often when being with her. Honestly, I think we neither make each other happier.

"I'm glad you do." I kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes, savoring the small action. "How was is like being my girlfriend for the day?" I laughed as I asked her. We were being very touchy all day today.

It was on purpose to convince my parents even more, but we both knew we enjoyed it. "It was amazing. Believe or not." She put her head down, snuggling further into my chest.

I smiled at the sight of her so comfortable, laying on me. It was a sight I could look at all day. Every day. "Would you like to be my actual girlfriend?" Her face shot up. Confusion spreading completely through it.

"What?" She looked at me, as if she was half hoping she heard wrong, but other half hoping her ears were correct. "I mean eventually. Would you ever consider being with me?" I was asking her a genuine question.

We were both definitely not ready to be in a relationship, whether it seemed like it or not. But in the future, I want to see her thoughts about us. Could she see us being together. Could she see me loving her endlessly?

"That depends. Do you think you could deal with me for that long?" She said jokingly. I knew she meant it though. She likes to believe that she's a handful and that no one can handle her. But to me, she's perfect.

"I think I could. I have already." I also said jokingly. But it was true. I think by now, if I didn't like her, I wouldn't be in this position with her right now. And I most definitely wouldn't be enjoying it.

"True. Then I guess we have our answer." She smirked slightly before placing her head back down, getting as comfortable as she possibly could. "Yeah, I guess we do." I smiled as I let my eyes clothes.

I was falling for her. More and more everyday. And I couldn't be happier about it. If there's one girl I want to fall in love with, it Dixie. She just so... perfect. I didn't know how to explain it.

---

I am literally on a roll with updates. WOOHOO!! Anywaysss, I hope you guys enjoyed reading, just as much as I enjoyed writing. I think I'm finally getting back in my groove and I couldn't be happier about it:) I hope youu guys have enjoyed the book, there's much more to come:) LOVE YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH<33
Word count: 1,323