Chapter 20: Trust Issues

Noah's POV:
Dixie left, and I had to run after her. I couldn't lose her, not after just recently making her mine. She left because she thought I was cheating, and I can't blame her. If it would've been me in that situation, I probably would've thought the same thing. But I know how it feels to be cheated on. It rips your heart out of your chest. I could only imagine how she feels right now.

All I want to do is comfort her. Be there for her, and tell her how much I love her. Because I do, more than anything in this entire world. She is my soulmate, and I can't lose her. I can't afford to. "What are you going to do?" My mother asked me as if our previous argument meant nothing now. "I will figure it out. But this" I fingered between Madison, her, and I. "Is far from over. You're lucky I love Dixie more than anything."

I grabbed my keys off of the table, making my way towards the door before Madison made an attempt to grab me. "Get the fuck off of me! I may have ruined my relationship because of you, you fucking bitch." I moved my arm away from her swiftly, making her move back in fear. "Me and you, we were over before we even started. I found the love of my fucking life, and I need to get her back."

Tears were forming in her eyes, her face became all flushed and red. "You never called me that." She spoke softly, sounding hurt by my choice of words. "I loved you Noah. But apparently you never loved me." She continued to talk as I stared blankly at her. I felt a lot like my father at the moment. "I wanted to get married to you. Start a family with you." I rolled my eyes at her words.

"Stop fucking lying to me. You cheated on me. You had me head over heels for you, even when I knew I wasn't in love. I respected you, and I wanted nothing more than for you to be happy. But let me tell you one thing, me and you were never going to work out. I never loved you enough to let it last. And you may have wanted to marry me, I can't decide what you felt, but if you wanted it truly, you wouldn't have cheated. You wouldn't have hurt me even after I showed you all of my respect for 5 fucking years." My voice wasn't loud, but the words were loud enough.

"So yeah, I never called you the love of my life, because you never were. Dixie on the other hand, is, and I need to have her in my life. But now you put me in jeopardy of maybe never getting her back. She's really hurt, about something that she shouldn't have even had to worry about. Yet you made her." The tears that were previously forming in her eyes, were now streaming down her face.

"That contract, whatever the fuck it was, means absolutely nothing. The days of me and you together are over, and they have been for a while now. I don't ever want to see you again. Leave." Without saying anything she grabbed her purse and left. The whole room was silent, and my mother was looking directly at me.

"Is your father at least okay?" She spoke with fear evident in her voice. "No he's not, you should go check on him." I told her calmly, preventing myself from lashing out once again. "Are you okay?" She asked me, now more concerned. I suddenly felt bad for yelling at her, yet I'm not at the same time. I was finally able to blow off the steam that has been building up since I was a child.

"No I'm not. But I will be when I get my baby back. I'm leaving, text me if you need anything." I closed the door as I walked out. Starting the car, I had only hoped that it wasn't too late for me to fix this. I can't loose Dixie. I fucking need her.

---

I walked in the apartment, it was early in the morning, Dixie had already left for work. It was trashed. It was quite clear that she hadn't exactly been worried about keeping it clean.

While waiting for her, I cleaned up. I also went grocery shopping after seeing her very empty fridge. "What are you doing here?" She walked through the door, setting her keys and purse on the counter.