Chapter 11: Reward

"So Dixie, when was the last time you went to an appointment?" As the doctor was asking questions and checking them off, Dixie grew more and more anxious. "About a year ago, when my treatment stopped." Fiddling with her fingers, hoping her answer was clear enough, Noah wrapped his fingers in between her own, and whispered in her ear.. "you'll be fine. And if at any moment you feel uncomfortable, we can leave."

Dixie was happy that he was so reassuring. Having Noah there, meant a lot. Because unlike other people who have gone to the doctor with her before, he showed all his love and support. "Dixie, you do understand that just because your treatment stopped doesn't mean that going to the doctor isn't important anymore." Dixie knew that what the doctor was saying was true, she just didn't want to hear it. She's heard all of it before.

"I do understand, but in that process, I was also moving, and I haven't had time to find a doctor." She lied. She had all the time in the world. She just didn't want to. "And I understand that. But your health is important. For all we know, your cancer might come back, and if you had a doctor, they would be able to catch it." Also true. But like I said, Dixie didn't want to hear it.

"If you would excuse me for one moment, I just need to get some fresh air." With that, she moved away disconnecting her grinders from Noah's, and rushing out of the room. "I'll go get her. This just brings back painful memories for her. I hope you can understand." When the doctor nodded her head, Noah followed Dixie out of the room, stopping her.

"Are you ok?" He rubbed her check with his hand, making her feel saver in his embrace. "Yeah, it's just a lot." She looked up at him, pouring her whole heart in the way she was looking at him. "I know it is. But just think about it. This doesn't mean your cancer is back, if anything look at it as a way to make sure it never comes back again." His words made a lot of sense. Even if they were practically the same ones the doctor used. I guess Noah saying them, sounded a lot more legit to her, because when he did, she nodded her head and walked back in the room.

"I'll get a doctor." That's all Dixie said. Short and simple. "That's great news! I'll give you recommendations." The doctor rushed out of the room, and when she came back in, she handed Dixie a paper full of numbers for the best doctors in town. "I'm glad your doing this. You won't regret it." She really hopes she doesn't.

They greeted the doctor, and finally left the hostile environment. This experience was scary for Dixie, but she did something that she knows she been needing to do. And, having Noah there with her, also made her thought process a lot more clear. Something about the way he convinced her, shot through her heart. He was a good influence on her, as weird as that might be, since, well he's Noah Beck.

---

"So tell me, what do you want?" Confused by Noah's sudden words, Dixie asked...."What?" Noah's chucked, obviously amused by her confusion. "I know what you did today was hard for her, and because of your bravery, you deserve a reward, so what do you want to do." She smiled and he talked. He really did care. And as much as she loved that, she wasn't used to it.

"Are multiple things allowed?" She giggled as she put her seat belt on. "Anything that you want." He put his hand on her thigh, making her look down and smile. "Ok. So. I want chipotle, and coffee." He chuckled at her response. He could've guessed the same thing without her telling him. "No problem. Anything else princess?"

Just the name itself made Dixie's heart flutter. "Maybe." She smiles deviously. She knew what she wanted. "Tell me more" he smirked, already thinking in the right direction. "I just think I could really use something to get rid of all the stress." She sighed, making to quite obvious that she was talking about one thing specifically.

"I could help you with that." Noah smirked, as he stopped the car at a red light, only to then kiss Dixie on the cheek. At moments like these Dixie really contemplated what kind of person Noah really was. Was he actually a really caring human. Or was he a man that only cared about sex. It was hard to tell at times. "Then yeah, thats all."

Dixie smiled as she leaned in to kiss him. The kiss was short and sweet, but it most definitely did not lack passion and hunger. Something about their kisses just gets more and more intense every time. It's like they wanted each other more than the last time. If that was even possible. Which was weird, considering they were only friends... with benefits. But definitely nothing more.

Hii! Sooo I've successfully update all three books! Recently I have been overwhelmed with all the things that I've had to do, but luckily I was able to jam in some time to update since I missed it. As always, I hope you all enjoy even if it's not as long as it probably could be. And just like I did with my other books, if you could check out my new book "but with you" on my account Janes_writing , the support would mean a lot. Okay, I love you all sooo much❤️❤️
Word Count: 950