Chapter 29: Wake Up

Dixie's POV:
"Please tell me you found her." I was talking to the cops yet again, and something tells me that they're going to have the same answer they've had for the past three weeks. Three fucking long and excruciating weeks.

"Not yet, but we have a hit on where she might be, we have some people checking it out right now." The cop was frustrated, and I understood why. I have been insanely difficult to be around. My life is crumbling more by the second, and I become more unbearable each day.

"We have every intention of finding her, and we won't stop until you do. I guarantee you that." My nerves were calmed down, but my patience was still hanging on a thin wire. "Thank you officer." He smiled softly before walking off.

"Do they have anything?" My dad came up behind me. Last week when he left the room, he disappeared for a few days. He gave me some space, then came back. "They think they know where she is. Now they just need to actually catch her." I tried to be positive about this information.

"She's not a smart woman, they'll find her." I laughed at his choice of words. This as the first time I have laughed since the night Noah got shot. The happiness only lasted a little longer, because soon after the guilt took over me. I would be truly happy when Noah woke up.

"I'm gonna go check on him." Was all I said to my dad before making my way to Noah's room. This week his body twitched a little bit, meaning he wasn't paralyzed. There was a strong chance he was going to be, but luckily my love was strong enough.

He still looked lifeless though. The stubble on his face was growing, a beard already forming. He had told me he hated his facial hair, and it hurts my heart to know he can't do anything about it as he is laying in this hospital bed, still unconscious.

His bullet wound is almost completely healed. He still looked as perfect as ever. Even with the tubes in his arms and face. I only wish he would wake up. All I need right now is him. His hugs. Kisses. Everything. Even just his touch. It would make me feel normal again.

I've been going insane. The memories that I cherish are the only things keeping me intact. Keeping me from completely falling apart and never piecing myself together again. "Why won't you just wake up? Don't you see I need you."

My emotions have been all over the place. I'm not even sure if I mentally stable enough to declare how I'm feeling. I feel the same everyday. Just as worthless. Just as guilty. And just as alone. I have all these people around me, and yet I feel alone without Noah.

The happiness that I've been containing from the memories of me and Noah are slowly draining by the day. My whole existence is being held by a string. A string that is soon going to be cut. I needed him back. Stat.

"I know you're probably in so much pain right now, but I know your strong enough to get through it. Please just come back to me." Talking to him now just felt pointless. At first I though maybe her would here me, and wake up. Now I feel as if whatever I try to do is going to go to shit.

"I want to marry you, I want to have your kids, please just wake up." Seeing him not respond only made me go crazier. I felt as if I were reaching for the stars trying to get him to wake up. The task now just seemed impossible, and I'm close to losing the little bit of hope I have left.

---

"Is he awake!?" I was now being pushed out of the room by a group of doctors. They were all surrounding Noah, I couldn't see him. The doctors were loud, yelling commands. It made me nervous. What if something was going wrong?

"We can't discuss anything just yet ma'am. We'll update you as soon as possible." I was standing back in the lobby. The doctors who escorted me out immediately went back to Noah's room. My heart was racing.

In my head, were hundreds of possible scenarios to what might be happening to Noah right now. The one I'm thinking of the most is him waking up and being completely fine. But my hope, just like it's been for the past few weeks, is very low, and my mind is clouded by all of these negative thoughts.

I mean, how was I possible supposed to think straight after seeing him plugged up to wires for 3 weeks. Three really excruciatingly long weeks.

"He's ready for you." I looked up at the doctor before running into the room. I got past all the doctors, and I finally saw him. He was looking at me. He was awake.

"I-I thought I lost you." Tears we're already streaming down my face. Seeing him awake and aware of his surroundings made all the pain worth it. He's awake. And under the circumstances, he looks amazing.

"You know I would never allow that." He smiled softly before groaning in pain. I could only try to imagine how he feels right now. "I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I had lost you."

I looked down, not baring to see the expression on his face. He had woken up, and I should be ecstatic that I'm even talking to him, but my mind keeps going back to all the negative thoughts. I mean, I thought I lost him for good, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm dreaming or not.

"Baby, you don't have to think that anymore. I'm here, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon." He was struggling to talk, but he still comforted me, even though it should really be the other way around.

"Ok." Was what I said. I simply smiled at him before walking closer. I grabbed his hand, butterflies coursing through me when his thumb started to caress my hand.

His touch was something that I craved every second of every day. Just for his hand to graze my skin would've been enough for me. "I love you so much baby." My eyes were still filled with tears, but in my face was a bright smile.

Even in his state right now, he was able to slap a smile in my face. The happiness that I was missing came rushing back to me. "I love you too my love." I kissed his forehead, before finally kissing his lips.

His lips were dry, and yet they still felt perfect against my own. It was everything I needed it to be and more. All the nerves that I had popping out finally calmed down. For the first time in weeks I finally felt at peace again. My life wasn't worthless anymore.

"Get some rest, I'll be here when you wake up." With that he smiled before resting his eyes. He was exhausted, and I didn't want to deprive him from his sleep.

---

"How's your little boyfriend doing?"

---

HIII AGAINNN!! I left y'all on a cliffhanger but despite that I still hope you enjoyed the chapter. Schools starting up again so I don't know how often I'll be able to update but hopefully I can still stay as consistent as I've been. I love you all so much and thank you all for all the love on needs. If you enjoyed makes sure to comment and vote. Let me know what you think;)
Word count: 1294