Chapter 7: Ex-Boyfriend Problems

January 4th 2021

*The Next Morning*

Dixies POV: Here I am, waking up with another migraine.... again. I have no motivation, none... zilch. The only thing that I could do right now was think about Beck.... Just like I have been these past few days. Who knew someone you met by having sex could impact your life so much, in such a little amount of time.. hmm?

He's been on my mind, no matter what I do, the only thing that comes to me is him. It's like he permanently imprinted himself in my brain.

Had no energy, just like I had no job. Fuck.... I need to get a job. Living without having any responsibility has been fun and all, but if I wanna stay in Washington, I need to get serious. So am much as I hate it, I need to go job hunting. I already hate it....

As I'm getting ready I can't stop thinking... finally not about Noah, but about real life problems. I just left. No things said, I just packed up and went away. I've been drinking every day, my body definitely had fun, maybe a little to much. I'm in deep

---

As I'm walking out my apartment door I check back once again. Finally looking at my outfit, making sure I look put together.. enough at least. As much as I live the sexy, and 'out there' outfits, that's not exactly what many jobs look for. Unless I wanna be a stripper of course... wait... that's not a bad idea..

Snap out of it Dixie.....

Anywaysss... I got in my car, another reason I need a job, but we'll get into that another day.

Driving to the interview, I go over everything that needs to be said, to hopefully remember it when I get into that scary room.

---

Well, the interview went great! Or at least I hope it did... I feel like I did a good job, and with that.. I deserve a nice coffee. Rewarding myself was something that I did often now, knowing than I'm the only one that actually matters right now.

I drove to Starbucks. Yes I know.. basic. I decided to reward myself even more by going inside. Sitting in a relaxing place, enjoying a well deserved cup of coffee just sounded like a really good opportunity, that of course couldn't and should've have been passed up.

I order my drink, luckily being the only one in line. I marked my seat, right by the Window, enjoying the beautiful sight of Seattle, Washington.

---

Sitting, drinking, finally having a good time to myself, I see a familiar face. At first I think I'm crazy, hoping that the person I saw was anyone else other than the face I recognized.

As I saw the body walking through the door, I regret all my life choices at the moment.

Hoping that I wouldn't be seen, I ducked, making my face less visible. Of course with my luck though, that didn't go how I wanted.

"I've been looking for you." Of course he has, what else would he be doing with his pathetic life.

"What do you want Adam?" As much as he left me feeling weak, this was the perfect example to show him how much I've changed. "I want you ba-"

"Don't even finish that sentence. I'm done and have been done with you. You and your pathetic self can pack up and leave, but if you think I'm coming back with you, you should be prepared for a lifetime of disappointment."

"Wow. Look at little Miss tough. You really think I believe you. I see right through you Dixie. You love me, and you'll never stop."

"Love you? I don't even care about you. You can think whatever you want. I really couldn't give two fucks. But I want to make one thing SO clear, I don't love you anymore, and I'm embarrassed I ever did."

Adam coming back is really messing with my head. As much as other people got to me, he did the most damage. And seeing him again, just brings all the painful memories back.

"Baby, is everything okay over here?" Who is this mysterious person? Noah. He came, and saved me... why?

"No actually. This man just doesn't seem to want to leave me alone" I went along with it. Anything was better than talking with Adam any longer. I wrapped my arm around his torso, as he sat down next to me.

"How about we go back to your place?" He really did save me..... I guess he cares somewhat. "Sounds like a plan" I got out my chair, grabbing Noah's hand following him towards the door. "Bye Bye" I waved to Adam as me and Noah walked out the door.

We walked far enough with our hands still intertwined until we were far from sight. Then we finally moved apart from one another.

"So, what was that about?" As we continued walking he questioned. As much as I hated questions, it was nice to see he was actually interested in what went down. "Nothing much, just ex boyfriend problems"

---

"Thank you for saving me. It means a lot" it really did, I may not Noah very well, but him stepping in on an awful situation, gave him some respect that needed to be showed.

"No problem. Anything for a friend." Did he just call me a friend?

I appreciate him, and I guess we have been spending time with each other, but that doesn't make us friends... right? Having sex doesn't automatically make us have any sort of relationship..... right? Or does it? At this point, I'm not even sure. To be fair, I've never had any real friends, is this what it feels like??

It's not even that deep Dixie...

"Right! Anything for a friend." I probably should've corrected him, or at least told him how I felt, but I mean.. I've had enough drama today.

---

"Good night Damelio." Did I really just spend the whole day with Noah... and we didn't even have sex! "Good night Noah. And thank you again"

Hey loveliesss! GUESSS WHOSS BACK TO WRITING FREQUENTLY!!!! hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Dixie really do be questioning herself a lot...
Word count: 1046