Chapter 36: Small Wedding

When you think of weddings, you think of big ceremonies. You think of hundreds of people watching you on one of the best days of your life. Big cakes. Huge wedding dress. Bridesmaids and groomsmen galore. Months full of wedding planning. Figuring out the flowers, venue, table, etc....

Your parents help you figure out everything. From finding your dress and tux. To the smallest of details like wine glasses.

But no. Not for Dixie and Noah. They don't have friends. And they sure as hell don't have enough family. Dixie had her dad. And Noah had his two sisters and his mom. They didn't have a while support group. They didn't have hundreds of invitations to send out. They had the bare minimum.

Their lives were simple, and so were the amount of people they had in it. But. That was enough for them. They had the people they loved endlessly. Not some people who could leave at any moment of any day.

"Why can't we just go to an office or whatever and sign papers?" Dixie whined, grabbing onto Noah's arms while leaning on his shoulder. "Because your dad and my mom want a ceremony."

They had been going back and forth about this for a while now. It's been a month since the proposal, and even after all the attempts of planning a wedding, they all seemed useless due to the lack of people attending.

"But it's our wedding. Not theirs." She had made a point. But the main reason she didn't want a wedding was because she hated the lack of people she had in her life. She had made no attempt in making friends, nor did she have any before moving.

She likes to say she's fine with it. And she is. But to a certain extent. Part of her wishes she would've been more outgoing, especially when she had become mentally stable. After meeting Noah there was nothing stopping her, but she just never wanted to talk to people.

In her eyes, she saw it as another opportunity to get dumped by people who never really cared for her. The amount of times that's already happened makes her want to lock everyone out. Leaving only herself. Because she couldn't hurt herself. Only other people could.

"Your right. But I know deep down some part of you want to do this. It doesn't have to be big. But it should be special. After all, it is supposed to be our special day." Noah didn't disagree with Dixie. He understood where she was coming from. He had gone through the same thing.

They both stuck without each other, deciding to not expand friendships. They were both to blame for their lack of social lives, and despite how much they don't like it. Having each other is everything that they've ever wanted. They needed each other in a time of crisis. And now they were going to be spending the rest of their lives together.

"But wouldn't you much rather rent out a house all alone and have sex to our hearts desire?" Noah blurted out laughing once he heard Dixie's comment. She was stubborn. And to convince her, it took a lot of work.

"That's what the honeymoon is for baby girl." She whined again, realizing he was right. He had made a fair point, and now she couldn't make a come back. "You don't love me." She crossed her arms, moving away from him. She was pretending to be angry, but Noah found it quite cute.

"I love you more than anything in the world." She had gotten up, grabbing their baby out of her crib. "Hi baby. Daddy doesn't love mommy. He's so mean." She was talking sarcastically to the baby, giving Noah a dirty look afterwards.

"Your mommy's lying." He grabbed char out of Dixie's hold, placing her back in the crib. "How dare you." She huffed, crossing her arms yet again. Noah only made his way closer to her, grabbing her arms and pulling her body close to his. She gasped at the sudden movement.

"She was sleeping and you interrupted her." Dixie opened her mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off by Noah. "I love you." She sighed, rolling her arms, pretending as if she didn't want to hug him back.

"I guess I love you too." She mumbled softly under her breath. He smirked, pulling her even closer until she had no other choice but to hug back. "Wedding it is." Noah smiled proudly while she sighed, accepting defeat.

---

"White and black flowers for sure." Noah nodded his head after finally agreeing with Dixie. Picking out a color scheme is much harder than it sounds like. "Ugh this is too much work." Dixie whined yet again.

Even after agreeing a month ago to make a wedding, Dixie's complaints didn't die down. Planning a wedding, especially with no help was incredibly hard. Oh and not to mention pricey.

"So how about we take a break?" Noah smirked, grabbing her by her waist and lifting her onto his lap. "Chars in the other room, we can't." She placed her hand on his chest, keeping a distance between them.

"Don't act like we haven't done worse."Dixie quickly hid her face from embarrassment, her cheeks were now a bright red. "You know you want to." He placed his hands on her chin, lifting her head back up to meet his gaze.

His lips made their way down her neck, his hands moving around her whole body. "Noah." She moaned when she felt his hands make their way under her shirt, caressing her back and she started to grind her hips against his.

"Dixie! Honey I'm here!" Noah's mom yelled from the kitchen, causing both of them to let out a sigh. "Coming!" Dixie yelled from the room, getting off of Noah and fixing herself up a bit.

"I can't take char with us if you want." Noah had gotten up, following Dixie as she walked into the living room. "I want to spend time with her. You go." A smile spread on her face when she greeted mama Beck. They had become quite close.

"You ready to find the perfect dress?!" Mama Beck spoke with excitement as she wrapped her arm around Dixie. She looked at her like a daughter, and she couldn't wait to see her happy on her special day. She knew Dixie's background, and she wanted to make her feel as safe as she good.

"Yesss!! Let's go." Dixie grabbed her purse, putting on her shoes afterwards. "I love you." She got up with the help of Noah. They shared a quick kiss before Dixie made her way to the door. "I love you more." Noah smiled as they left.

---

"Honey you look absolutely perfect in that dress." Mama Beck exclaimed as Dixie looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was a ball gown. It was embroidered with beads and sparkles at the top, transitioning into a plain white as the gown started.

"You think so?" She turned around, examining every aspect of the dress. And although she wasn't showing it, she absolutely loved this dress. She felt like a princess. And for the first time in forever, she felt confident. She loved the way she looked.

"I know so." They both smiled at each other. This dress was it. It was everything Dixie had ever imagined and more. And looking at Dixie so happy, made mama Beck love it even more. "Noah gonna adore it." She took a picture, smiling as she looked at her phone.

"You getting it?" She questioned, looking at Dixie as her eyes filled with tears. They were both starting to cry. "Yes." She whispered, her crying taking over. She came in today expecting to be disappointed. She had never believed her what woman said about wedding dresses. But today, she realized that her day is going to she the best of her life.

To Dixie, getting married wasn't a part of her reality. She anyways thought it was going to be one of those things that would stay in her dreams.

But no. Not anymore.

She was going to be Mrs.Beck, and she couldn't be more happy about it. Her fantasies were now becoming a reality.

---

Hii my lovesss!! I honestly feel like this chapter sucks but I hope I can make the next one better. Thank you all for being patient with me, I really did need this little break. I love you all so much and if you enjoyed the chapter, please make sure to vote and comment. Love youuu<33
Word count: 1443