Chapter 26: New Apartment

Noah's POV:
Dixie had been so strong after what had happened with her mother. She had shoved everything down, so that she could continue comforting both me and my family. But despite her best efforts, there were a few night where we both broke down, and comforted each other.

She and I had both gone through the same thing, so in a way being there for each other is easy, because each other's presence is what keeps us sane.

This past week, has been one of the best, because despite the events that occurred, this week brought Dixie and I closer than ever. We were able to be there for and with each other in a way that we previously weren't able to. We learned how to connect with each other more than just physically, and as each day passes I fall more and more in love with her by the moment.

She doesn't fail to surprise me more and more. Her presence is all I need. In a way, I've become obsessed with her, completely and utterly. My whole life could revolve around her, and I wouldn't dare to complain. She makes my life worth living, and almost a year ago, I wouldn't have thought my life could get any better.

My life was miserable before I met her. I look back at the person that I used to be and I don't even recognize myself. My whole life was going to eventually go down the drain, because I would have become too consumed by the misery.

"Good morning my love." I was snapped out of my thoughts when Dixie placed a kiss on my neck. I woke up a few hours ago, and didn't have it in me to get up. "Good morning baby." I kissed her forehead, my hands in her back gently rubbing it.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked her after our conversation last night. "Baby I want to move in with you. You said it yourself that you need a new place, and I practically already live here, so we might as well."

We had talked about moving in together last week, and we had went searching. We found this beautiful apartment, that had a beautiful skyline view, and it was the perfect size for the both of us.

"Then you'll be happy to find out we got the place." A huge smile lit up her whole face. When we saw the apartment, it was still under inspection, and there had been another couple that wanted to buy it.

I put down a price, and we had hoped that we would get it. Yesterday I got the call while I was at work that we got it. I wanted to surprise Dixie with the news. I saw her face when we walked in, and I could tell she immediately fell in love.

She tried to tell me we could find more affordable options, but I knew she loved this place more than she was letting me know, so I made it my own mission to get it for her. I mean, after everything that has happened to her, she deserves something in a reward of how strong she's been.

---

"Do you like it?" We had walked into our now new home. The smile on her face couldn't have been brighter. "You already know I love it." She walked around the apartment, her smile still spread across her face. The place just had some sort of feel to it. The only word I knew how to describe it as was 'homey'.

"I may or may not have another surprise for you." She looked at me, her eyes widening. She needed something good in her life. She needed something other than stress. These past few weeks have been insanely stressful for both her and I. She's been dealing with so much lately, between her own drama, and my family problems.

"Oh my god, Noah you shouldn't have." She covered her hands around her mouth when she saw a small puppy barking and running around our new home. She had told me a while ago, that as a kid she always wanted a dog. I wanted to fulfill her dreams and make her happy.

"Oh but I did." I smiled and walked up to her, grabbing her hips and pulling her closer to me. She leaned down and grabbed the small puppy that was jumping at our feet. Her smiled intoxicated me in one go. "Thank you so much baby."

She had gotten up on her tiptoes and kissed me gently. "Always." I had made her smile today, and that was the only thing I wanted. She's been so consumed by wanting to be there for me, she forgot she needs to take care of herself. But she has me now. I take care of her just like she takes care of me. We were perfect for each other.

---

Not very proud of this chapter, but it gets better afterwards!! I love you all so much, and despite the shitty writing I still hope you guys somewhat enjoyed. I love you all soo much<33
Word count : 862