Epilogue

Being happy was an understatement. People don't really understand what it takes to be truly happy. To love your life and everything in it.

Being with someone drains your entire energy. To give your all to someone for the rest of your life. It takes a lot to find that one person who you so effortlessly love with all of your heart. It especially takes a lot to stay with that person. To be loyal and to choose that person over everyone else, except yourself.

To both Dixie and Noah, loving someone seemed impossible. But we've already been across that. We already know how much they love each other. Why they love each other. How they love each other.

We know their story. We know how perfect they are for one another. And we especially know the life they built. How happy they are with where they are.

"Char, bring your brother it's time to eat!!" Dixie yelled from the kitchen counter, after having just set the table with the food. "But he's sleeping." She walked into the room, her small features glowing, reflecting off of the sunlight. "He knows he shouldn't be taking a nap right now, go wake him up."

She walked out of the room, brushing past Noah as he walked into the room. "Hi baby girl." His hands found their way across her waist, pushing her back up his front as he placed his chin on her shoulder. Her cheeks coated with a blush. She was still flustered even after all this time.

"Hi my love. How was work?" She turned around, now facing him as she drew her hands up to his face. She had a smile drawn on her face as she looked up in his hazel orbs. "It was good. But I missed you." Rolling her eyes, Noah laughed, rubbing her back as they stayed connected.

"You were gone for like 5 hours." He furrowed his eyes in confusion, smiling when an apologetic expression made its way to Dixie's face. "That's too long to go without you. You already know this."
A soft smile spread across both of their lips.

"Ewww. I thought we already talked about this." Charli and her brother walked into the room, their faces full of disgust after seeing their parents so close. Even after 8 years of seeing her parents in love, she still didn't like it. She thought it was weird. Especially when her dad banned her from having any boyfriends.

Noah and Dixie laughed it off, parting as they made their way the the table. "Come on kiddos, let's eat before the food gets cold." Noah grabbed Blake, sitting him down in his chair. "Hi buddy, did you sleep good." Nudging his nose, Blake laughed, his cheeks tinted with a pink just like his mom.

"Wes daddy. I had beary bear with me." He smiled at his sons response. Beary bear was Noah's bear that he's had since he was a kid. He gave it to Charli when she was born, and now since she's older, she gave it to Blake. "How was work dad?" Char asked from across the table.

"It was good princess. How was school?" Dixie looked at her daughter as she rolled her eyes. Sighing, Charli took a deep breath. "Welll, Zach asked me to be his girlfriend." Immediately setting his fork down, he was now more serious. "But don't worry dad. I told him no."

Noah, as any dad is, is very protective over his daughter, so you could assume the smile that appeared on his face after what she had just told him. "He's a jerk anyways." She shrugged her shoulders, returning back to eating the delicious food in front of her. "That's my girl."

---

"Okay kiddos, grandmas going to be here in 5 minutes. Mommy and daddy are going to have some alone time. And besides, you guys need to get to bed." Blake whined, gripping onto Noah's pants. He wasn't strong enough to withhold Noah from pulling him off, but at least he tried.

"I'm sorry buddy. But I promise next time you can both go with us. We can even get ice cream. Cookies and cream, your favorite." A smile quickly covered Blake's face. "Pwomise?" He held his tiny hand out, extending his pinky. Noah connected his pinky with blakes, nudging his nose before he got back up.