Chapter 38: Honeymoon

*long chapter*

"I like waking up as your wife." A smile spread across Dixies face. Rubbing her eyes, as she woke up, she endured the sight around her. They were currently sitting on a plane, on their way to Paris. It had been one of the dream places Dixie had ever wanted to visit. Something about it always felt so magical, even in pictures.

It all looked so rustic and antique. Everyone in pictures always looked so happy. Everything was so beautiful, and unlike any other place in the world. "I like that you are my wife." He wrapped his hand around her waist, keeping her close to him, as they both admired the astonishing view outside of the window.

Looking down at the world, they both felt so powerful. It was so quiet and peaceful. Flying was scary to most people. The thought of being thousands of feet up in the air was indeed intimidating. But to Dixie, it was one of the times she felt most peaceful. Something about being above all people made her, for once feel good about herself.

She never gave herself any credit. This woman fought and beat cancer, and yet to her she was still weak. All those years of being manipulated by her mother, it caused scars. Scars that no matter how happy you were, would ever be able to heal because they were cut so deep. That's how she felt. And despite how happy she was with her life now, her past was always going to haunt her.

Going to Paris, living out her dreams, she was finally for once going to be able to forget about the haunting memories that caused all her pain. She was married to love of her life, going to a magical place that used to only be a dream. Everything felt so right, and although her past wanted to come back and haunt her for longer, this weekend wasn't about that.

"Are you excited?" Noah asked a question that to Dixie seemed too stupid to answer. Her heart beat faster at the thought of everything, as well as the promise Noah made to her last night. Her lip quivered at the thought of it. "Obviously. And I'm hoping you plan on keeping your promise." A smirk planted on Noah's lips, recollecting everything that he had told her last night.

"You know I never break my promises." With that, Dixie leaned her head on his shoulder, letting out a restful sigh. Her mind was filled with thoughts about how this weekend was going to go. All the places they were going to see, all the food they were going to eat. (All the time they were going to spend in bed.)

"How much longer?" Dixie whined after growing impatient. The plane ride to Paris was torturous. Every second she thought of something exciting they could do, it was quickly shut down but the fact that they would have to wait. Her nerves were getting the best of her.

"4 more hours." Noah laughed while talking, looking at the screen that was presented in front of them. Noah focused on the little airplane making its way across the world. "Ugh that's so long." Dixie dig her head deeper into Noah, now moving her head to his chest.

She focused on the clock that's was on the screen, the second changing every time she blinked. She had hoped that the best time she would open her eyes the time would change from 4 hours to 4 minutes, but the more she tried the more impatient she got.

Luckily for the both of them, the more they started at the screens the more their eyes started to give out. Finally closing shut after about 10 minutes, they went into a deep slumber. Their bodies rested close to one another, their hands connected under the seat.

---

"Oh. My. God." Dixie started at her surroundings while exiting the plane. Her body was sore from the lack of movement while on the plane, but the pain quickly became nothing as she breathed in the air. Looking down through the clear walls, she found already get a view of the beautiful scenery. "I'm actually in Paris." She looked up at Noah who had a bright smile planted on his face.